• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Vibration intensity too weak

zoom389

I have an SGS2 ICS 4.0.4. When my phone is set to vibrate only and placed on a flat table, the vibration intensity is too weak for ringtone and text messages, even though I have set Settings - Sound - Vibration intensity - Ringtone and Notifications to be maximum. As a result, I miss phone calls and text messages. Any ideas how I could increase the vibration level? Thanks.

Hi Hawker, Thanks for your suggestion and I have switched it OFF and ON a few times but without success. Also, I have done recovery mode - wiped data/factory reset and wiped cache partition so everything started from the beginning but again the vibrator intensity is weak. :( Any more ideas? Thanks.

I have done a vibrator intensity test via LCD test by pressing *#0*# in phone mode.

The intensity was much stronger and I could hear it vibrating on the table. Therefore, this test proved that the vibrator was working!

I then used another phone ringing my mobile phone and the vibration was again weak.

I then set Settings - Sound - Vibration intensity - Vibrate on touch to be maximum. BTW, Settings - Sound - Vibration intensity - Ringtone and Notifications were at maximum. Also, I switched the phone OFF and ON.

I then used another phone ringing my mobile phone and the vibration was much stronger. It is now working and vibrates to a level which is acceptable to me but no match to my colleague's HTC Desire S which has an extremely strong vibration and you can hear the vibration from many metres away.

I have now set Settings - Sound - Vibration intensity - Vibrate on touch to be about 20%. I think setting this parameter at maximum and switching the phone OFF and ON did the trick. :) I think this is a bug in the phone firmware and what I did is called a "get around". Hope this will help other users.

Back
Top Bottom