• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Video MSM

Wolvie66

Can somebody explain to me why I cannot send a video through handcent. I thought you could send pics and video through any MSM/text. I sent pis before but will not let me send videos I recorded with my phone. Is anybody else having this problem.

Thanks in advance
Wolvie

When you get ready to send does it ask you if you want to resize the video. I had trouble with Handcent not resizing my pics and video. If they are not resized they will not successfully send. You might try ChompSMS. I went to it and have no problems sending video.

When you record a video, are you in video message or normal mode? If you choose the setting video message it will solve your problem

Shaggy, The only problem with that is you lose HD quality on all videos you record if you use that setting. If you use normal setting and just resize the videos you send then you always have HD quality except on the MMS

Totally didn't realize you could do that, guess thats the way i always do it. HD video messaging here i come :)

I think you misunderstood. Even if you record in HD if you resize the file you lose the HD quality. However you can save the file in HD prior to resizing for MMS.

but even a video compressed from hd should still look better in the end via mms than a video not recorded in hd.... my opinion anyways.

I agree. If you record in the highest quality you can always "backoff" as you transfer. You can't go the other way.

No reason not to if it resizes the file. I haven't used it in a long time so I don't remember if it handles this issue well

Back
Top Bottom