• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Video Playback not remembering position

So I just got the shiny new Epic 4g and for the most part I'm smitten...however...I noticed something irritating. When I play a video, either through gallery or through a file manager, the position I left off on does NOT get saved, and the video starts from scratch every time I play it.

I've had friends of mine check on the Vibrant and on a Droid X, but they don't have the same issue. Anyone else notice this? Could it be the codec of the video? Files Are Xvid/avi...device plays them well enough but not playing from where I left of is really, really irritating.

Am I missing a setting or something somewhere? Anyone else see this problem?

Anyone? Can anyone test it out and see if I'm not the only one? I'm using the default Gallery app to play video...and it doesn't keep my position...that seems really stupid to me...DoubleTwist keeps my position but I really don't like doubletwist that much.

If anyone's got videos loaded already can you head into the gallery, play one, scrub up like 10 minutes or so, back out, go back in, and see if it starts from where you left off? Or, if you know of how to get to the settings page for gallery (if there is one) that would be helpful too...I haven't been able to find it and I've been lurking around all day.

Upvote 0
Unfortunately the default video player has like 0 features and no options. It does not remember where you left off. However, it is the only video player that can play 720p\1080p MKV files and Divx AVI files.

I use Act1 video player for everything else, because it remembers the position for like 10 different videos if you need it to.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones