• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Video playback on GNex

Bassale

Have some videos in xvid and avi format. They will play with QQplayer and mxvideo but at times the audio is not ligning up. Also top right of phone gets really hot.

Usually avi and xvid are low quality so they should put very little strain on the hardware so the heat is unusual. For MX video player did you download the arm v7 codec pack? Also which renderer are you using?

Put the phone in airplane mode before playback then see if it still heats up, this will rule out the radios.

Can you playback the videos on a PC to check for audio sync issues on the viseo itself. Make sure.you leave it to play it rather than skipping through.

I have tried it in airplane mode, still got just as hot. Not sure what a tenderer is and I haven't downloaded anything extra. Video looks good on my ps3 via memory stick

Usually avi and xvid are low quality so they should put very little strain on the hardware so the heat is unusual. For MX video player did you download the arm v7 codec pack? Also which renderer are you using?

I just downloaded the arm v7 codec pack, but I'm at work and can't test it out yet. In your opinion, how does it make it better?

I converted an episode of Dexter to mp4. Phone was cool to the touch after an hour. Guess I'll just have to convert now.

Back
Top Bottom