• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Video Review of Seidio's Innocase II and Active

All I can say is WOW. The Active cases are AWESOME. It looks like I have a new phone, and with the white case I've had 4 people ask me since I put it on "what kind of phone is that"? I've never seen a case that fits a phone SO WELL that was made by a 3rd-party. I'd HIGHLY recommend the Active case to anyone who wants a stylish/functional case.

Same story here - I have the Active and it fits really well/snug. There is one area, down by the trackball, where there is a very small gap (<1mm), and I'm assuming this is from sliding the phone in and out of my pocket. It does not detract from the case's effectiveness or looks, so I would highly recommend it. I especially like how the case is raised enough to protect the camera lens and the front screen.

Upvote 0
Same story here - I have the Active and it fits really well/snug. There is one area, down by the trackball, where there is a very small gap (<1mm), and I'm assuming this is from sliding the phone in and out of my pocket. It does not detract from the case's effectiveness or looks, so I would highly recommend it. I especially like how the case is raised enough to protect the camera lens and the front screen.

I could not agree more. The more I use the active the more I like it. I do see that is starting to mess with my screen protector a little.

Upvote 0
I could not agree more. The more I use the active the more I like it. I do see that is starting to mess with my screen protector a little.

I found the Innocase II messing with my screen protector (damaged it with impressions near the edge of the bezel). How did the Active damage yours? I'm finding the rubber lining inbetween the phone and the hard shell really helps.

Upvote 0
I found the Innocase II messing with my screen protector (damaged it with impressions near the edge of the bezel). How did the Active damage yours? I'm finding the rubber lining inbetween the phone and the hard shell really helps.

It just seems that since I have been using the Active the corners at the bottom are starting to come up. I can not for certain say its the case, but that is all that changed.

Upvote 0
It just seems that since I have been using the Active the corners at the bottom are starting to come up. I can not for certain say its the case, but that is all that changed.

What kind of screen protector are you using? I have one off Ebay that uses water to apply, it was kind of scary putting it on but very easy and since then has stuck to the phone like glue and looks invisible. Haven't had anything peel up the edges at all yet, not even tiny bits of lint/dirt. Only thing I've had is the Innocase II leave impressions on it that you can see in the light - irritating but definitely better than the bezel being scratched.

Upvote 0
What kind of screen protector are you using? I have one off Ebay that uses water to apply, it was kind of scary putting it on but very easy and since then has stuck to the phone like glue and looks invisible. Haven't had anything peel up the edges at all yet, not even tiny bits of lint/dirt. Only thing I've had is the Innocase II leave impressions on it that you can see in the light - irritating but definitely better than the bezel being scratched.

Phantomskinz. I just found out my son was tying to remove it. He thought is was supposed to come off:thinking:

Upvote 0
With my Active case I have the Seidio Ultimate screen guard, and it is holding perfectly, no peeling edges.

Gobluejd, how old is your son? I have 9 and 2 y/o boys. The older one knows me and does not touch my stuff without asking. The younger one is a handful though and will mess with all my electronics given a moment alone. Gotta watch out for those little critters.

Upvote 0
With my Active case I have the Seidio Ultimate screen guard, and it is holding perfectly, no peeling edges.

Gobluejd, how old is your son? I have 9 and 2 y/o boys. The older one knows me and does not touch my stuff without asking. The younger one is a handful though and will mess with all my electronics given a moment alone. Gotta watch out for those little critters.

He is 9, and actually he knew better. He said he was trying to "push" it back but wouldn't stay. At this point no big deal as I had an extra. I have to order more now that my 18yr Daughter and Girlfriend are getting Dinc's.

Upvote 0
^ditto, it doesnt loom half bad at all in person, but definitely not the blue they advertise. Nor is the red(heard its basically purple) and that cool looking green is much darker too. Someone should really contact seidio and let them know their advertisement of their cases is misleading.

I did. Sent it back. It was no way near the blue that was on website.

Upvote 0
I drop my phone quite a bit and if I drop it flat will it protect the screen? I mean to ask... Is the front raised enough to keep the screen from falling flat on the ground and smashing? Cause my droid got killed that way and I was lucky enough to have an upgrade.... I'm not so lucky right now and i want to take care of it.

Upvote 0
I drop my phone quite a bit and if I drop it flat will it protect the screen? I mean to ask... Is the front raised enough to keep the screen from falling flat on the ground and smashing? Cause my droid got killed that way and I was lucky enough to have an upgrade.... I'm not so lucky right now and i want to take care of it.

Yes, the edges are protected, you can lay face down, and the screen does not touch.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones