• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Viper Remote Smart Start

yeah i noticed that on their website last night. Hopefully a updated sooon will fix that. However, today I have been getting a lot of error messages stating the command was unsucessful. My phone and my truck are in a area with excellent cell service. I am hopiing this is just a glitch on their end because everything is new. I had to use the remote this morning to unlock my vehicle.

Upvote 0
yeah i noticed that on their website last night. Hopefully a updated sooon will fix that. However, today I have been getting a lot of error messages stating the command was unsucessful. My phone and my truck are in a area with excellent cell service. I am hopiing this is just a glitch on their end because everything is new. I had to use the remote this morning to unlock my vehicle.

I haven't had any issues yet, but I only use the remote start/lock/unlock stuff. I don't have an alarm installed.

Upvote 0
I called viper today. I advised them of my problem with the droid app. I have to select the cars tab them home for the app to work. Mine does not default to the one vehicle i have. They stated they are aware of the problem and hope to have a fix in 48 hrs. We shall see. Anyone else having this problem.

Upvote 0
Just found out about this device today. Living in Houston Remote Start is a very attractive add-on to consider for my car.

I have one question. From the reviews on Amazon it appears a lot of people are having issues sending commands (I'm guessing they have crappy cell service like when I had my T-Mobile 3G stay in a constant upload mode) and also they couldn't tell if the vehicle is started or not from the App. Is this the case? Does the app tell you if the car has successfully started?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones