• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Virgin Mobile] How to rescue phone when TWRP isn't working

spoink22

Lurker
First of all, thanks guys- your posts and forums have helped me with a lot of stuff. I've fixed my phone over and over again from you guys, so thanks!

But- I've managed to get myself stuck in something I don't see a post for.

I've got the SPH-L300 (virgin mobile), and something I installed made the phone freeze before it could boot. To fix this, I reinstalled TWRP 2.5. This has worked fine for my phone before, but now when it starts up, TWRP doesn't recognize any input from my touchscreen. I can hit the power button (which locks the screen, and I can't slide anything to unlock it). I tried putting on TWRP 2.7, same problems. 2.6.3. does the same thing.

Right now if I forego the recovery mode, it boots the Samsung logo, then a blank screen.

Is there a way to flash a backup without TWRP, or is there a way to fix TWRP?

Thanks for your help- you guys are geniuses.

2.6.3.0 is for sprint victory, (official from twrp site) but it works on vm. 2.7 is basically for kitkat though. It sounds like whatever you flashed broke touchscreen. Not a twrp issue, whole phone issue. I remember someone having that problem from flashing something for the wrong phone. Don't think there was ever a fix, sorry.

I'm getting them from TeamWin Projects - TWRP 2.7 - Samsung Galaxy Victory 4G LTE | TeamWin

I've used them before (working). I got it working up to the point of everything working just fine except for wifi and bluetooth. It was when I was trying to fix them by flashing supposed fixes that this issue started happening.

I think I could solve this if I got Clockwork recovery working, but every time I try to flash a .zip file with it it says "e:Signature Varification Failed", even on backups that worked for me before when I used TWRP to restore them.

Would that be another way to fix my phone?

I don't see the option to do that. Googling tells me there's supposed to be an option to toggle signature verifications after selecting "apply update from external storage" but the option isn't there.

Links to CWM for virgin's SPH-L300 aren't working. Since the option isn't there, I'm guessing that what I flashed on the phone isn't really CWM, but rather the stock recovery. Does anyone have the CWM for Virgin's SPH-L300 readily available?

Back
Top Bottom