• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Virgin Mobile] reset all file directories

mudflap2020

Android Enthusiast
:confused: how do I reset the file directories, I might have been playing with the root of my files or something and internal sd swapping is not working, also an update to my baseband, I now have the new boot animation sound, but yet again, victorious will not boot past the Samsung logo which is very depressing and all in all my phone has been very predictable and has been failing with everything, with new roms, to freezing, glitching up when super stock with stock rom and stock kernel, I really don't know what happened to my phone

Do you mean stock backup becuase I have reverted to stock backup like 20 times or more and it still doesnt get rid of alot of file directories or deletes them. I wipe everything invluding system format all data which removes encryption and the files are still there pike su apk and other ones any way of making my phone like its really stock without actually changing it

If I can delete all my personal stuff from my stoc backup I'll upload it for ya. It has data backed up too, which g60's doesn't. It seems to fix stuff his doesn't. Don't know if it will work.

I'm gonna try to make time today to do it. I was gonna restore it then delete all my accounts and contacts then backup again. Something about restoring a backup with a data partition has fixed things g60s hasn't. Or I could make one of how my phone is now. With vaevictus (most recent), SD swap and the extra apps from victorious. Not debloated or deodexed. Once I borked my 3g and 4g trying a zip I made of my text msgs, it deleted my msgs and broke my 3g and 4g. G60s stock didn't fix it but mine did. Only difference was it had data backed up. It will wipe your contacts and give you whatever apps I got though.

I only have personal box acct. Backup is 1000 mb. Exceeds my upload limit. I'll see what I can do. Its a backup of my current phone without data.

I dont mind losing my data btw now im used to it I just want the sd swap to be content but idk if it will be succesful becuase victoroius always failed on me is restoring a backup like that really that different from flashing all those things. But anywho what am I talking about ima just wait and see till I do it

I made a backup minus the data my phone right now has the SD swap and vaevictus. Its just too big to upload to my box. I just backed up system and boot. But its still 1000mb.

I can try email for ya. My stock backup is on my computer at home, I'm at work. But I have the one of my current system on my phone now.

If you use Gmail, you can use their Drive to send large files via email. It will send a link for the recipient to click to download.

Gmail won't let me attach a file bigger than 25 mb. Even when I compress it it's still over 600. When I get home from work I can try to upload it to Google drive and share it with you that way.

IIRC, twrp 2.5 let me browse for backups anywhere, not just the designated backup folder?

Maybe I'm mistaken.

Edit: mistaken, only shows folders in TWRP folder on ext SD.

We're using 2.4.3. But yes it does let you browse all files. Ppl just couldn't get it to recognize g60s backup without letting twrp make a folder for their phone and putting it in there because the folder is numbered with your phone's serial number.

Back
Top Bottom