• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Virgin Mobile/Sprint] Link2SD and GL to SD are your friends

Does the phone have to be rooted? I have the aparted app and it doesn't recognize the external SD card, even tho a file manager can see it. I also have link2sd and it doesn't show the option to link. And to make partitions does the sd card have to be out of the phone and plugged into a computer? I have the Razr Maxx HD. I have had other Droid phones and was always able to move to sd.
Thanks!

Upvote 0
OK, I installed GLtoSD. When I select "Move Data" the only thing that shows up is some normal apps. I at least expected to see Angry Birds SWII, World of Goo, or Doodle Army. ???

"Show mounted Folders" just sits there so I cancel it.

Then in Settings is has "Customize mounted folders" like I know where the game installs all it's data. Do you have to go thru and find all the game data and set up custom settings to use this app?

The main screen that appears when you open the app is empty - does not list a thing.

I guess I don't understand how to use it. Or is there some "trick" to setting it up?

thanks

That's because GL to SD only works with games that you open and then download extra data that goes on the sdcard. Games like Angry Birds that don't download extra data when you first open the app, all the data is with the app itself and put in /data where your apps originally go. This phone uses the internal sdcard and phone storage for apps as the same storage of 1.2gb. So data and internal are the same, yet angry birds data will still go into /data. Almost like /data and internalsd are linked together but named differently lol. Soooo say you download Asphalt 7... It downloads over a GB of data when you first open it. You would have to use GL to SD then afterwards to link it onto the externalsdcard. That is if you can get 1gb of free space anyways to be used for that download... Lol. :p If you use a file manager, go to your internal sdcard. Then the Android folder. Then data folder. If you see an OBB folder, that's usually the folder that comes up in GL to SD that can have game data moved. But... I cheat, and I link the data folder to OBB, then OBB to my external so all my games are put on SD. ;)

Reactions: Murf1
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones