• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Virgin Mobile/Sprint] New Firmware out?

Okay, so I've changed it to a bin file. Extracted the images and I'm going to rip into them and see what's what before flashing. I'll post results when I have them.
How did you do that? been researching how to since i found the update

How did you do that? been researching how to since i found the update
You have to extract the kdz from the cab file first then you can convert the kdz file to a bin, which is needed to use the LGFlashtool to install. Hope that helps point you in the right direction. :)

Yes it breaks root. I've installed it and working on getting root. Saferoot no longer works. Btw, this is actually for the Sprint f3, the vm version is not released yet.

Oh blarg... how about the drjbliss Loki exploit? Is that broken under V7?

Oh blarg... how about the drjbliss Loki exploit? Is that broken under V7?
Easy daffy, lol. I have achieved root and yes using the v5 aboot for loki still works and so does my recovery. It's best to wait for the VM OTA release though. I'm just try to get a jump on this update so what happened last time doesn't happen again. :D

Easy daffy, lol. I have achieved root and yes using the v5 aboot for loki still works and so does my recovery. It's best to wait for the VM OTA release though. I'm just try to get a jump on this update so what happened last time doesn't happen again. :D

So it's still android 4.1.2?

Sounds like their gonna go against their own terms of service and start watching us? Lol! Probably just updating it again to break root again. Which their obviously bad at and need to give up.... How can there be 3 updates on the same firmware? God, they need to just give this phone a new firmware already 4.1.2 sucks.

If everyone will please be patient there are some of us working on a smooth transition from v6 to v7. You need to give us time to figure all this out. Trust that we will let you know, I mean it's the whole reason we're doing it. Thanks :)

Is there anything new in the firmware?

Is there anything new in the firmware?
If by new you mean noticeable, no. LG has add a new system app developed by ItsOn Inc. for improving customer service with the service-plan providers. I imagine more bug & security fixes as well but I won't know until I have a copy of the OTA zip. I flashed the BIN version. OTA is a different form. It patches the system you have running so you don't lose any data. The BIN is a full installation of everything (factory fresh). I'm back on v6 waiting. Anyone who may have it already can PM me with a link. That will speed things up greatly.

Back
Top Bottom