• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Virgin Mobile/Sprint] Strange Root Problem

portezbie

Android Enthusiast
Aug 15, 2011
I rooted my f3 with motochopper and it has worked fine for a while but today I tried to install greenify but it didn't pop up with the permission screen to give it root permission. So I figured I had lost my root. I rerooted the phone and it everything worked fine but then superuser asked me to update the binary. After doing that root for apps I already granted permission still work but no new apps get permission. It doesn't ask or anything. The old apps still seem to have permission though.

Anyone have any ideas what is causing this?

Thanks

I never update my binary until I hear about it. That's why. Problems occur because the binary update causing conflicts with apps using the old binary, and some apps aren't compatible with the newest one or the binary isn't compatible with them yet... Especially if the app isn't popular enough. This is what I've read anyways.

Upvote 0
Does anyone know how to unroot? I tried running motochopper again but to install Super SU instead of superuser, but it says it failed because it's already rooted.

Just download SuperSU from the play store. The other SU app will be used to grant permissions to the SuperSU app. You can then use SuperSU if you choose. Ensure you still have root prior to uninstalling the old SU app.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones