• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Virtuous in Constant Sync. Checked Everything. Any ideas?

johnbrain

I have been very happily using a Sense 2.2 Lite ROM since August, but what the heck. I've heard good things about Virtuous.

I cleared the cache and hard all data since this is a new ROM. Loaded fine. Titanium backup etc.

I disabled weather updates. Turned off all google updates. Anything I could find.

I still see the sync icon in the top bar spinning. If I go into Accounts & Sync I can hit "Cancel Sync" and it stops, even though I have no idea what it is trying to sync.

I restored my older ROM but would love to give Virtuous a shot again.

Any suggestions on a setting a may be overlooking?

Sounds like you've tried a lot already but for grins, go back to accounts & sync and press Google. Are any of the 3 items (contacts/gmail/calendar) stuck in perpetual sync? Also if you have Weatherbug, open it, leave open for several seconds and then close. I've had issues with it getting stuck in sync on a couple different roms although I've never run Virtuous.

all the hype Virtuous gets, I did not like it nor did my incredible like it. No offense but it was buggy on the incredible..but again....just my opinion..reverted back, and installed the Hydra Overclock 1.5 ..phone runs great..P.S. skyraider didn't like the Hydra Kernel..

all the hype Virtuous gets, I did not like it nor did my incredible like it. No offense but it was buggy on the incredible..but again....just my opinion..reverted back, and installed the Hydra Overclock 1.5 ..phone runs great..P.S. skyraider didn't like the Hydra Kernel..

Not sure what was causing your problem with Virtuous. I've been using it for awhile now and have found it to be solid as a rock on my incredible. Hope you find something that works better for you.

I just rooted yesterday and have the same problem with Virtuous... the sync icon goes for about 20 or 30 mins every hour. Can't figure out what it's syncing...

SOLVED!

I was having the same problem for the past few weeks and posted over in the general boards and someone wrote back that disabling friend stream in Virtuous Buddy can cause this problem. I re-enabled friend stream, rebooted and viola. Sync came up and did it's thing for 15-30 seconds and went away on it's own. Hope this helps!

this has nothing to do with the ROM by the way. Friend stream in general has issues when removed on any ROM, even the stock one

Back
Top Bottom