• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Visual voicemail

No.Was just asking if CM9 or 10 can use it.Idk if there is an app or not.I just know I have seen it on ICS on the HTC phones.Didn't know if it was exclusive or if there was a program for it or if it was an ICS thing.

I think it really has more to do with the service provider than the phone itself, I think what you are pointing to is http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1866770 which is some of sprint's visual voicemail on the HTC evo V however this can only sent and receive from sprint, though if you just use google voice (which is what I use so I can make all my calls for free since they go out through data) any calls that come in through my google number are given in a text voicemail

Upvote 0
I got my Triumph back and successfully installed Visual Voicemail by backing up the apk using Astro File Manager. I copied it to my Dropbox, then onto the Triumph running stock Froyo. The phone isn't activated, so the when I launched Visual Voicemail it said it was trying to communicate with my account, and ended up failing and saying it would keep trying. Otherwise, it looks like it's a no-brainer to get it working!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones