• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

VL Prestige Elite 10 Root & Install Xposed Framework w/o TWRP/CWM/Custom Recovery

Visual Land Prestige Elite 10 QL

I have a Visual Land Prestige Elite 10QL tablet. I spend two days trying to root/get SuperSu to install/get a custom recovery so that I could install a ROM or Xposed Framework. I had a very hard time, but with A LOT of research... I found the below information. Just FYI: It could brick your device just like all other methods could. I'm just saying it worked for me and nothing else would.

Rooted with Kingroot

Added Super Su, but would not install properly. If you root with Kingroot and want to use Super Su as your superuser instead of Kingroot's, I found the fix. Install Super Sume , which will delete the Kingroot files (but will not unroot the phone) and will replace with the Super Su files.

Then get this!!! Because TWRP and CWM custom recoveries are not compatible with VL PE 10ql tablets, I could not use them to flash a custom ROM or install Xposed Framework.
But, I found a fix!

You CAN install Xposed Framework without TWRP/CWM custom recovery.

I did a Nandroid backup using Titanium Backup and saved to SD card, although it is brand new and I could just do a factory reset if it screwed up. I don't recommend going to the next step before doing a Nandroid backup. (google it)

Use FlashFire to flash Xposed Framework directly w/o custom recovery.
Download the latest derivative version of Xposed for Lollipop (Android 5.0 or 5.1) by romracer. You need two files, the Xposed installer apk and the Framework flashable zip. Read about it and get the files here: Xposed Files Please Read Their Q&A to make sure you get the correct files!

1. Install the Flashfire app

2. Open The FlashFire app, then grant superuser when requested.

3. Tap the plus (+) button at the bottom to show the menu.

4. Choose “Flash ZIP or OTA” menu, and keep the “Auto-mount” option unchecked then tap checkmark icon to continue.

5. Tap the EverRoot menu, and ensure every single options remains unchecked.

6. Leave the Reboot menu to normal to boot system after flash.

7. Just hit the "Flash" button to start the process.

8. You will get a blank screen, then display the contents of your system just before it start the flash procedure. Don't freak out! Your device will reboot and it may take awhile.

9. Find the Xposed Module Management APK file (download file or system files), open it, follow the directions

10. Start customizing by installing modules from the repository!

Thanks to Robbie S www.andromods.com for contributing much of directions for installation

Reactions: James L
i have this tablet and its complete TRASH but im trying to flash a custom rom cause the rom freezes and is VERY SLOW! i have not used it for months cause i constantly have to hold down the power button to restart it to use it. and i call the manufacturer and they want me to pay 60 bucks to get it fixed for their muck up!! do you know where i can find a custom rom for this POS?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones