• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help voicemail notification shows MSID instead of own #

Michia

Lurker
The dropdown voicemail notification shows the phone's MSID instead of my phone number (for shortcut to voicemail). The number unfortunately belongs to a local woman who is understandably annoyed when I hit the notification by accident since it dials her instead of my voicemail (I have arthritis in my hands, so not always 100%)

I was on the phone for 90 minutes (!!!) with Virgin Mobile tech support about this a while back. They said they would call back once it was resolved but they never did.

Obviously merely an annoyance since I can dial voicemail directly, but still.

Any suggestions? Have done everything short of a factory reset.

Hi and welcome to Android Forums, Michia.

I would first remove the shortcut, then go into the Voicemail app in Settings > Application Manager and clear cache and data, then reboot the device.

That should cause the app to drop the MSID from the display, and hopefully allow for normal use of the new shortcut. :)

If no joy, I'd hit the "uninstall updates" button on the VM app in Application Manager (if it's not greyed out). That will restore the program to its factory condition.

Next step, if still not joy, as you say, is factory data reset. ;)

Try this (virgin Mobile only)

Go to your dialer and punch in ##847446#
You should have a menuu up. Choose edit.
An MDn screen should come up. See if the number displayed is your number or your MsID. Change it to your phone number if it is not alreadyy.
Next, click next.
Next, an MsID screen should come up.see if the # displayed is ur msid or something else. Make sure it is your msid. Click next, or OK, or whatever it says....
Now click done.
You are done. Your phone will now reboot, and leave yourself a vm and see what number comes up :) hope this helps...I'm not positively sure this will work though.....But it might :D

Back
Top Bottom