• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Wake up, is there an alternative?

AnciusD

Android Enthusiast
Is there an alternate way to wake up the Victory besides using the power on/off switch? The cheap case I currently have on it doesn't have enough clearance to allow easy access. Anyway, it's a lousy method regardless. I guess I'm too used to the Optimus V and its touch a key approach.

Thanks, I had Lock Screen on Pin and the Options were grayed out. I will play with the, new to me, Lock Screen options.

I couldn't figure out a way to set up w/o still needing to power on/off to wake. The options you referred to seem to address unlocking. Or maybe I'm just dense.
I think I just need a better case.

I couldn't figure out a way to set up w/o still needing to power on/off to wake. The options you referred to seem to address unlocking. Or maybe I'm just dense.
I think I just need a better case.

I played with the same settings and didn't see an actual way to wake up the phone either.

The TPU case I originally purchased covered my power button altogether; which made it difficult to use. I ordered an inexpensive hard case as a replacement; not a perfect solution but at least it has openings for the buttons.

That's really my main frustration with this phone - it's not popular enough to have a large selection of cases.

What about "Wake Up Screen" from Play Store, $3
Free is better. :D

The TPU case I originally purchased covered my power button altogether; which made it difficult to use. I ordered an inexpensive hard case as a replacement; not a perfect solution but at least it has openings for the buttons.

That's really my main frustration with this phone - it's not popular enough to have a large selection of cases.
Sounds like the same case that I got. I thought it was just a defect. On mine, power, volume and shutter were covered. I took my pocket knife to it and cut them out (roughly). Anyway, the holes are too close to the keys to easily press. And the card slot cover can't be swung open because the plastic is too thick.
As soon as I find my x-acto blade I'll try to gouge out bigger holes.:D

Free is better. :D

Sounds like the same case that I got. I thought it was just a defect. On mine, power, volume and shutter were covered. I took my pocket knife to it and cut them out (roughly). Anyway, the holes are too close to the keys to easily press. And the card slot cover can't be swung open because the plastic is too thick.
As soon as I find my x-acto blade I'll try to gouge out bigger holes.:D

I thought about trying that, but decided that ordering a different case would be the safer/cheaper option for me. I don't have the greatest history involving DIY and sharp objects... :O

I thought about trying that, but decided that ordering a different case would be the safer/cheaper option for me. I don't have the greatest history involving DIY and sharp objects... :O

Well, not claiming I'll do a good job of it. Plus, there's not much more damage that I can do with it. And like you said, there aren't a whole lot of options for cases out there right now.

Back
Top Bottom