• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Was the Gear Watch worth it?

No I did not have to create an account.

I was able to just order it, hopefully goes through.

Me either. When I placed it in the cart then on the next page it had something like account information, but it just took my credit card information there. Got mine ordered.

Thanks again!

I also hope it works with my Verizon Note 3. Just ordered thru T Mobile using new 30 off code. ACCOFFER07

So, did you have to create an account with TMobile to place the order? I am trying to order it now and it's asking if I have an existing account or want to create a new one :( NO, I just want to buy the accessory...lol!

bad1550,

Thanks for the tip! Just ordered me one also at the $90.00 discount...sweet :)

No I did not have to create an account.
I was able to just order it, hopefully goes through.

Me either. When I placed it in the cart then on the next page it had something like account information, but it just took my credit card information there. Got mine ordered.
Thanks again!

Welcome
Glad it it worked!

CONGRATULATIONS to all who were successful @ the 2nd bite of the apple,hope it goes through w/o the cancellations that followed the last go-'round.

Kinda surprised this is happening,especially w/this statement from T-Mobile earlier today:

A limited number of customers recently purchased Samsung Galaxy Gear on www.T-Mobile.com<http://www.T-Mobile.com> using a discount code intended for smartphone accessories such as protective covers and cases. While Galaxy Gear was not intended to be a part of this accessory promotion, we acknowledged the error and honored the discount for customers who placed a single order for the Galaxy Gear device. If a customer placed multiple single unit orders, we honored the discount for one device. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

WOW,if there was ever an example of the old adage/definition of the word INSANITY....... :smokin: :hmmmm: :stupid: :rofl:

It's a real big watch this Gear :)

Foto-PAT7DQ4D-G.jpg

CONGRATULATIONS to all who were successful @ the 2nd bite of the apple,hope it goes through w/o the cancellations that followed the last go-'round.

Kinda surprised this is happening,especially w/this statement from T-Mobile earlier today:

A limited number of customers recently purchased Samsung Galaxy Gear on www.T-Mobile.com<http://www.T-Mobile.com> using a discount code intended for smartphone accessories such as protective covers and cases. While Galaxy Gear was not intended to be a part of this accessory promotion, we acknowledged the error and honored the discount for customers who placed a single order for the Galaxy Gear device. If a customer placed multiple single unit orders, we honored the discount for one device. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

WOW,if there was ever an example of the old adage/definition of the word INSANITY....... :smokin: :hmmmm: :stupid: :rofl:

Has anyone received shipping email from T Mobile. I ordered yesterday and nothing yet.

Has anyone received shipping email from T Mobile. I ordered yesterday and nothing yet.

Yes,w/tracking.Shipping via UPS. Received the e-mail notifying of shipping on the very day that it shipped (10/12/13).

Order date: 10/11/13
Ship date: 10/12/13
ETA : 10/17/13

Don't know if it mattered but I did overnight shipping hoping it would ship out before it was noticed. Regular shipping was 6$ figured I'd spend an extra 6$ being I saved 90$

I've got the "first" Sony Smartwatch (which is actually the second with the second being the third, confusing) and it works pretty well for what it is. I agree with the review Simon linked to that the loading of all of your apps does take some work. Anything not covered by the standard apps for notifications can be covered by a 3rd party app but they can get a bit convoluted in their settings. Still, I think I'd rather have the Sony than the Gear but at this point I want to see what Google is bringing. Although, ultimately I just want Moto to update and rework their MotoActiv.

Awesome. I have the watch on the left. Thinking of getting the gear, but i hate the speakerphone function. I have to see if it can dual connect with a bt headset.

Just put my old bt jabra on the load, after it is full I will check it.
Never use the bt headset anymore.

Update on my Gear order from T-Mobile with the big $90.00 off. My order has completely processed and charged through on my credit card and my order has shipped...SUCCESS! :smokingsomb::smokingsomb::smokingsomb::smokingsomb:

I probably would not have purchased one if I didn't get the discount. $300.00 + tax is a bit high for an extra toy to play with...but I can live with shelling out $200.00 :)

One final note, I probably would have ordered the gray one instead of the black, but I was in a hurry in case T-Mobile started canceling orders again...so I will live with the black one.

Just tested dual working Gear with Jabra BT8040 and it works flawless.

Thanks for testing. Can you check one thing in particular? I want to see if all phone and media audio can be transmitted to the earpiece, but the actual watch itself still stays connected to the phone for messages and all the other additions.

If it can do that, I will consider getting one more seriously (although, I am still curious about Google's offering, as well as any remote possibility that someone picks up the Qualcomm Toq and re-distributes/sells it under their name). My IT guy got one with his Note 3 and he said his battery life had lasted 3 days (and was still at around 88%). He had said that he had actually been using it a lot as well.

Better than the gear....lol think I'll be taking a wide berth on these things for the time being.

For those who used smartwatches in the past and familiar with technology in general, that review of SW2 is actually very flattering :)

Although I'm hoping to receive SW2 review unit one of these days (as well as Gear once 4.3 is pushed to Note2), my bet is on Omate all the way. A true "g-shock" built quality and flexibility of full unlocked Android OS on your wrist (never mind that 3G GSM built in phone gimmick, only waste of battery). The most important point - Omate already got a ton of developers behind it working on apps, watchfaces, ROMs, etc.

Just speaking from experience of one of the early smartwatch adapters - doesn't matter how fancy your hardware looks, it's nothing without 3rd part developers support. Relying on Samsung or Sony to deliver a flawless software and to keep up with updates - is a bad idea. Relying on a fancy looking hardware that will break if you are in the rain or washing dishes in the sink or outside playing with your kids in the snow - is a bad idea. The same as having proprietary charging cradles and non-replaceable bracelets with major built-in electronic components - is a bad idea.

I had high hopes with Qualcomm TOQ until they decided not to release it. Curious about Google smart watch (which supposed to be based on Motorola xWatch according to some rumors). But at the current time, I only see Omate TrueSmart 2.0 watch as the only true smartwatch candidate with a record execution of kickstarter crowdfunding campaign (finished last month) and module due to start shipping in 2 weeks.

Thanks for testing. Can you check one thing in particular? I want to see if all phone and media audio can be transmitted to the earpiece, but the actual watch itself still stays connected to the phone for messages and all the other additions.

If it can do that, I will consider getting one more seriously (although, I am still curious about Google's offering, as well as any remote possibility that someone picks up the Qualcomm Toq and re-distributes/sells it under their name). My IT guy got one with his Note 3 and he said his battery life had lasted 3 days (and was still at around 88%). He had said that he had actually been using it a lot as well.

When I start the media player on the Note 3, the music goes to the BT headset.
When received a call I can answer the call via the Gear, music on BT headset mute. When I cancelled the call music start automatically on the headset again.

See the screen dump for the Jabra settings.
Foto-FD88I8G4-G.jpg

When I start the media player on the Note 3, the music goes to the BT headset.
When received a call I can answer the call via the Gear, music on BT headset mute. When I cancelled the call music start automatically on the headset again.

See the screen dump for the Jabra settings.
Foto-FD88I8G4-G.jpg

On the settings menu to the right, can you see if it will still work having the phone audio only on the BT headset, but the Gear still being able to interact with the phone?

What I was really hoping to test is if a bluetooth headset can actually be paired to the Gear directly, but when I tried in the store, it didn't seem possible.

Back
Top Bottom