• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Washing bath towels

LGee3

Ok, why do we wash our bathing towels (face towels) ? I mean they are always saturated in soap and rinsed off and hung to dry, right ? We don't wash our Loofahs.
Thoughts ?

Ok, why do we wash our bathing towels (face towels) ? I mean they are always saturated in soap and rinsed off and hung to dry, right ?
Yes...but that doesn't mean they don't need washing.

In my house, bath towels are used for drying off after bathing; hand towels are for drying hands after washing them--after using the toilet. Yes, they're hung back up to dry, and are reused a few times, but...ugh...I wouldn't want them to never be washed. Soap, dirt, germs, E coli....yep, hot water and detergent are called for!

any towels need to be washed.

Yes, in my college days, I would hang and reuse but they get stinky unless washed in laundry

Why not take the empirical approach: use one towel yourself, and tell your wife that it's an experiment and that she should not wash it(*). See how long it is before you decide that you'd be better off with a clean one - no cheating and using other towels ;).

Mind you, I'm not sure I understand how you use towels: "saturated in soap, rinsed-off and left to dry"? I'm sure most people rinse the soap off first and use the towel to dry themselves, not use the towel to scrape the soap off and then rinse the towel.

(*) Of course there's a risk that she might think this means a different experiment: you doing the laundry!

I use the BIG towel to dry off. The small one I lather up and use and then rinse it completely , wring out and hang to dry. 😃

I think the posts got all the towels confused (including me)

Bath towel - the large towel to dry yourself after a shower

Hand towel - towel used to dry your hands after washing your hands. I don't use this in the shower or bath unless I'm in a hotel with a bunch of family and they use all the other towels (and room service is too slow) LOLOLOL.

"Face" towel or washcloth - used when taking a bath or shower for washing your skin with body wash or soap.

Ok, now I feel like Martha Stewart.

what will happen when you get a wet towel but hang dry it, is that you will get mildew of sorts growing on the towel and this is what makes it stinky.

And how often do you do it?
thinking.png

Correction: The wife does ALL OUR laundry 2-3x a week.

I barely do wash cloth, my oil sometimes does drip down to my eyebrows, it just hangs around my eye sockets, I do not get too dirty around my face. I double up on the body towels for one over the tub, so I use that when I step out, the curtian does not function at all sometimes, but depending on how much time I do have. Most of the days I usually do not learn to calculate on different areas of my morning rituals either.

Mind you I have a buffet full always. Shifting gears away from the norm, though the curtian has air, and inside such a small cubical rest room.

Depending on what time it is too, if I watch sometimes the clock towards a different dellusion then yeah, it can count against my own time or getting packed up for that day or so. So I use my wash cloth every once a while anyways..

Back
Top Bottom