• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

watching movies on droid

Are you talking about copying movies you already own onto the Droid? CloneDVDmobile does a pretty good job of ripping and converting DVDs in 3gp format. They're not full screen but they're memory efficient and look pretty good. I'm working on some of my movies right now.

If you're talking about pirating movies you don't own, well I can't help you there.

Upvote 0
Someone should at least explain...

To the OP : If you want to download free movies off of the internet, that is considered piracy and is illegal. If the copyright holders notice people posting instructions and links on how to obtain pirated movies, they will send cease and desist notices. If it got extreme, these great forums could be shut down and the site owner sued. That is why you will not find the answer you are looking for here.

Upvote 0
Wow I tried catalyst and after transferring the movie to the Droid it said "video cannot be played". Did you do some something special or I guess maybe it's not supported on 2.1?

Never mind, tried it in HQ and it worked beautifully. Too beautifully! DANG YOU you people are costing me money LOL :D

SO AnyDVD mixed with Catalyst = great movies on Droid fast

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones