• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

website broken?

If you long press or right click on any of the forum tools and open in a new tab, the tool like the notification bell will work. You just need to open it in a new tab.

Kinks. Gotta work them out.
this is so weird set me free GIF

oooops wrong kinks..... 😆 😆 😆

They're back now.
SWEET! It works (for now, ha). Don't love how the red clashes... but it'll do for now and at least it stands out.
How about the...

I tried to consolidate the options down to the most important stuff. Will look into adding Mark Posts Read back in somewhere... where could it ideally go?

What do you mean about "new posts only settings"? Right now "New" shows New Threads and "Updated" shows New Posts.

The nav icons (avatar, messages, notifications, etc) are now clickable for me... but are the # of notifcation badges on them gone or just me?
Well you actually have to post and get likes to get a number :goofydroid: :goofydroid:

Sorry Boss, that one was too easy :p

Yes, working here 👍:rob:

I :rob:U 😍

I tried to consolidate the options down to the most important stuff. Will look into adding Mark Posts Read back in somewhere... where could it ideally go?

What do you mean about "new posts only settings"? Right now "New" shows New Threads and "Updated" shows New Posts.
With the old setup I had it set to only show me the new posts. From there I could view any that I wished to see. Afterwards I could simply hit the mark posts read (which was on a drop-down menu accessible by tapping my icon). Then the next time I check the site, only the new posts would show.

Additionally, while it seems there's nearly a universal liking of the dark format, I really liked the light setting. These options are gone.

My Winblows 10 will not take the 2024-08 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems (KB5041580), it downloads and starts installing and then I get the error message it can not complete it is uninstalling.

I have tried all the tips, increased the download memory space, run all the recommended stop/check/restart DOS commands in a DOS window and still no go.

I have downloaded Win13 to install, will need to get to it soon.

Heck, I've had a Win10 cumulative update hung up for a year now! After reviewing the terms & conditions for Microsoft and Windows 11 ("you still own your computer and your files... but we can do whatever we want with them, into perpetuity, and not pay you anything"), though, I've decided it's time to ditch MS for good and go to Linux. I'm on a one-year countdown before Win10 EOLs, and I'm already late getting it done. I've settled on Kubuntu as a great distro for the Darling Bride and me to get started; I've ditched OneDrive and use our Synology NAS for storage; and am quickly finding replacement apps for all the programs I've been using. It will be a lot less painful than I'd previously thought.

I just had a major crash because of Onedrive. Folders/files lost and when I was able to recover the machine for BSOD many remaining apps no longer worked !

Just spent an hour this morning dumping all the things I use to watch tv on my computer and downloading all fresh stuff and installing it. (FU Gates)

Yup, Avoid Onedrive like the plague ! ! !

I just had a major crash because of Onedrive. Folders/files lost and when I was able to recover the machine for BSOD many remaining apps no longer worked !

Just spent an hour this morning dumping all the things I use to watch tv on my computer and downloading all fresh stuff and installing it. (FU Gates)

Yup, Avoid Onedrive like the plague ! ! !
One drive is such a virus!!!!

I am glad its off my windows!!!

I still have stuff missing ... unfortunately some of the missing stuff is not discovered missing until I need it.

Soooo, do I go back to the cloud and try and recover my missing stuff ?????

Hell to the fookin NO !

Oh, no! Your backup didn't back up everything???

Our NAS is serving us VERY well - my only concern is that we're backing up the NAS to external drives that are here at the house. That's great: but if the house burns down, so does all our data! So... I bought another, smaller NAS as a backup device. Our former tax deduction son has agreed to host it in his apartment, on his network; and it simply does incremental backups overnight while he's asleep. It's like OneDrive but it's "OurDrive" and we have 100% control over our data!

Back
Top Bottom