• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help weird sleep issue

Doctorsti

Jul 25, 2010
I noticed that twice in the last three days I was scrolling through home screens and the phone would just go to sleep. One time I woke it up by pressing the home button and slide to unlock I was missing a contact widget on the main home page. Next time I used the power button on top to wake it and slide to unlock and my home screen widgets appeared slowly one by one, over like a 4-5 second time frame.

I mentioned it to the verizon sales staff today when I bought a case but should I actually call customer service and is this something I should pursue a replacement for so I can save myself down the road.

Only other weird things I had was it wouldn't sync my home wifi, no matter how many times I typed in the right password for about 2 days. Then yesterday for no reason at all I tried one more time in frustration and it worked. I also had an issue calling one time where I am sure I hit the button to call home and the screen changed but it never placed the call and went back to the home screen. I attempted the call a second time and it was fine and has been every other time.

No I wasn't holding my hand or fingers near the top of the phone when the screen went blank both times I was doing the Iphone death grip.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones