• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Welcome to the "Why I hate the new Gingerbread OTA" thread (All similar will be merged into here)

It's in this thread. A few posts up states that there are a number of launcher apps that allow you to customize. I haven't delved too deeply yet but I'm sure I'll fine something. I see what you are saying though, that should be a simple task as going into "settings" and changing what you like.

It's actually not changed easily. Launcher apps don't change color schemes. You can download themes, but it wont change the color scheme on every app (music player, gallery, etc.)

It's actually not changed easily. Launcher apps don't change color schemes. You can download themes, but it wont change the color scheme on every app (music player, gallery, etc.)

And, this is no different than any other SmartPhone I've used. Blackberry, Iphone, Going back to Windows Mobile OS's.... All of them, you have to download and install a THEME.

With Blackberry, you could change the Fonts used through out the phone with out a theme, but that was about it.

And, unless the developer of the app supports SKINNING, the theme does not apply to the APP. You can't force a change inside an app if the developer of the app uses their own settings, and not the system settings.

I like QuickPic too but I'm upset that it can't connect to my Picasa galleries.

For that reason, I also tried JustPictures https://market.android.com/details?id=com.justpictures. It's not as fast as QuickPic but you can add your Picasa account.

Downloading Gallery 3D now to try that out.

In the new Gallery, why did they decide to show your oldest photos shuffled as the background. It will never change if they always use the oldest. At least if they used the newest, then it would change every time a new photo was on your device.

How do you change the gallery background on the stock app. Not finding anything in settings.

I have a hugeeee issue with the Gingerbread update! Please go to my thread here!!!!: http://androidforums.com/motorola-atrix-4g/384868-huge-issue-2-3-gb-update.html

Basically, I cant edit ANY of my contacts now since they were synced with Facebook. I was 100% able to do this before the update. I can't input any phone numbers to any contact. Some contacts did not have a phone number since that person did not have their phone number in their Facebook settings. If all else fails I'm gonna have to unsync Facebook, get rid of all the contacts, and build my contacts up from scratch. #NoFair

My vibrate notification has stopped working. I have it set to vibrate always but it never does. Has anyone experienced this yet?

I hate that the Gingerbread OTA update has completely destroyed bluetooth on my top of the line Motorola Atrix. Its been months already...FIX IT!!!!

I hate that the Gingerbread OTA update has completely destroyed bluetooth on my top of the line Motorola Atrix. Its been months already...FIX IT!!!!

Perhaps you should start a thread in the "Support and Troubleshooting" forum detailing the problem you are having.

BT works fine after the update. The only other person that posted a thread about it later responded that it turned out to be their BT headset going bad, and not the phone or the update.

But, there is nothing "To Fix" from the Motorola standpoint. Any issues are going to be localized to your device. And, with details, I'm sure one of us can figure out the problem and help you fix it.

Back
Top Bottom