• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Well crap bricked 8704

Nah ive tried holding power and volume down to boot recovery, leaving the battery out for an hour even, goes right from the hydro screen to the error message.
Bummer, wish there was at least a stock recovery you could pop on a flash drive
dont mind wiping the phone.

Bummer is it wasnt even me trying to jack the phone around but a darned factory update that messed it up.

Sure kyocera said mail it to them and they would fix it, but they take forever
and the boost store wouldnt know how to reflash their ass

EDIT
Nope, got the update image that was being sent out, put it on sdcard, tried to get phone into recovery, no soup
goes immediately to the 8704 error screen.

Upvote 0
Glad to hear your got your phone situation handled.. By chance are you using PDAnet on this Hydro too and if so any possible way you could post instructions on my thread you replied to if you could? Im stumped on this one.

Yes i have PDAnet 3.50
If your phone is rooted, you install PDAnet 3.50 on your windows PC, then get the droid app from the app store

What trouble are you having with it?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones