• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Went to Costco Today...

marine one

And got lucky! They got six in yesterday and they sold out before I could get there. Today I went down to the VZW store and played with a demo long enough to make sure that I wanted one. Went by Costco and low and behold, the had received six more today! I got number 5. Still trying to figure out everything but so far am very impressed coming from an OG Driod.
I am convinced that there is no better bang for the buck out there for a Bionic than the Costco bundle.

I'd def agree with you, this is by far the best value currently available. And I'm not saying that as an employee, but as a customer.

Our district manager ensured that we got a shipment of 6 more today, too. We're getting a regular shipment as well on Monday.

And here's a shout out to YankeeDudeL for being one of the key reasons I became a Costco member and bought my Bionic there. :cool: If I don't buy one other thing there, the cost of membership has already paid for itself. Awesome deal!!!

I also got a $10 instant cash card for signing up, so my Bionic package was only $294 out the door. I am one, happy camper. :)

Glad ya snagged one marine one!

I went to costco yesterday right when they open to get the phone and package- the lady informed me they sold out the day before and should have more in 2-3 days. I thought to myself, well, Ill just go over to the verizon store, but gave her my number anyway for when they were in stock. On my way to the verizon store, I decided I was getting it if they had it in stock..... Done deal. Get to the store, tell the guy what i want, he gets it out, gets it activated, setting up my email preferences and the bionic rings. The guy hands it to me, I answer; would you believe its the lady from Costco saying she just got 8 more in stock...... Im thinking, wtf. I just spent 20 minutes with this vzw guy setting this phone up and she f ing calls... If I would have just waited a couple hours, I coulda saved a hundred bucks... oh well, this phone is bad ass and im glad I have it

I know after waiting 9 months for this phone that no one wanted to wait any longer...lord knows I wasn't going to. I have NEEDED this phone for too long. That said, when you do wait that long, what's another day?

I say this because while we only got 6 in on Thursday, we also got 6 more on Friday, and another six today. We've got one left, but we're expecting a regular shipment on Monday (10 or more). The bundle is more than worth it, and even I didn't think I'd get as much use out of it as I have, but I am. Thanks to apps like NFL Mobile, WatchESPN, and DirecTV-To-Go, I'm getting an awful lot of use out of my car dock.

I got lucky yesterday as well.
I had been told Friday night that they were sold out, but I called on Saturday morning and they had 1 in stock. I went over and picked it up. When they rang it up for some reason it had a $20 coupon on top of everything else included, so I ended up at approx $300 out the door for it.

And got lucky! They got six in yesterday and they sold out before I could get there. Today I went down to the VZW store and played with a demo long enough to make sure that I wanted one. Went by Costco and low and behold, the had received six more today! I got number 5. Still trying to figure out everything but so far am very impressed coming from an OG Driod.
I am convinced that there is no better bang for the buck out there for a Bionic than the Costco bundle.

Duh....they charge $279, whereas it's $249 at VZ. And I'd have got $30 off for new every two which I lost at Costco. The "bundle" is mostly useless, really. The navigation holder does not have a way of connecting the car charger so you can't charge while in the nav holder. OK for 30 minute trips I guess. I use the bedside stand/charger though. Doubt if I'll need the spare battery. The belt case that came with the Costco bundle is blah...got one from VZ.

Navigation dock has a port in the back to connect your charger just give it a double take , unless they gave you a knock off car dock lol

I paid the same visit to Costco. I came home with detergent, paper towels, beef jerky, and, oh yeah, a Bionic!

Duh....they charge $279, whereas it's $249 at VZ. And I'd have got $30 off for new every two which I lost at Costco. The "bundle" is mostly useless, really. The navigation holder does not have a way of connecting the car charger so you can't charge while in the nav holder. OK for 30 minute trips I guess. I use the bedside stand/charger though. Doubt if I'll need the spare battery. The belt case that came with the Costco bundle is blah...got one from VZ.

My phone would have cost me $269 at Verizon ($299 minus $30 upgrade discount), so it cost me 10 bucks more to buy it at Costco. I had the nightstand dock/cradle for my OG Droid (actually had two, one I kept on my boat) so I definitely wanted that. I've already used the desktop charger & spare OEM battery. It will be great to leave on a trip with a spare fully charged battery in my pocket later this week.
The car dock actually does have a built in jack for the charger, same as the nightstand dock/cradle, and a motorola car charger. I agree that the belt case is useless. I have a soft leather pouch that fits the phone perfectly. It was from an old, original Solo radar detector. Bionic goes into the leather pouch and then it goes into my pocket. Easy enuff.
I still think both the amount of accessories and their overall quality make the Costco bundle a bargain, but each to his own.

Got mine on day 1 at the VZW store which is 5 mins from me. $250 for the phone and $75 for the car dock, home dock and case. $325 total. My local Costco is about 40mins away and I don't have a membership so I would have paid at least $350 there plus the gas... so depending on the situation VZW could be a better deal.

Everyone has diff needs, I don't have an issue with that. If it's gonna save you a couple bucks to go somewhere else, we'll tell you. The average joe has to pay $300 bucks so we're cheaper there, so it all comes down to how much value you place on the bundle. I'm using everything I've gotten (except the screen protectors, Gorilla Glass FTW!), so it's of a very high value to me. But I'm glad you got a good deal on a great phone. :)

Got mine on day 1 at the VZW store which is 5 mins from me. $250 for the phone and $75 for the car dock, home dock and case. $325 total. My local Costco is about 40mins away and I don't have a membership so I would have paid at least $350 there plus the gas... so depending on the situation VZW could be a better deal.

Gas is cheaper at Costco, too. Just saying. :D

...The "bundle" is mostly useless, really. The navigation holder does not have a way of connecting the car charger so you can't charge while in the nav holder. OK for 30 minute trips I guess...

You do realize there is a mini-usb port to attach a car charger to the car dock right? Just look at the back. :D

I think the car dock is sweet! Also, I used to have a desk dock for my og Droid. I was so happy to see the headphone jack at the back of this desk dock to hook up speakers to.

Extra Battery & Charger? Well, I'm still not in a 4G area (soon to North San Diego County please....) but I'm sure that when I know that I'm going to be away from a charge that the extra batt will come in handy.

The case does suck.

Overall I am very happy with both my purchase and with the phone. I'll state upfront that I am one of the pickiest people I know. If I thought the phone was a POS, or if I had gotten a lemon it would have already been returned. Aside from the battery life (extended battery has already ordered from VZW), I'm not having any of the negative issues others are experiencing with their phones, and this device replaced a rooted OG Droid that I've had since the week after the phone came out. I went through two replacements of that device due to defects.
Also, Richie, the sales rep at the Kiosk in the Wilmington NC store couldn't have been nicer or more well prepared. I was treated better there than I've ever been treated at a Big Red corporate store.

I dont know about your CostCo. But mine honored the new every Two upgrade!

Back
Top Bottom