• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What apps show Dinc's potential?

What apps do you think really show off the ability of the Dinc?
Two that have really impressed me are...
Backbreaker Football and google Sky Map.

Layar
Google Earth

are a few that would run nicely on the Incredible.

It would be hard to find an app that would be mainly catered towards the processing power of the Dinc, mainly because most developers would rather design an app that works amonst most devices vs only the high end ones.

Upvote 0
Google maps with navigation is my favorite too, though probably works just fine on any droid. I open up Search, hit the speak button, say "Napa Auto Parts Woodinville", it recognizes it perfectly, I select it, and hit the navigate button and the talking GPS lady takes me there. I love that. I've never had a GPS before, now I don't need one (a dedicated GPS). Seattle area is a pain to navigate, bad traffic, street names change out of nowhere, street name conflicts (pl, ave, blvd, st), there are many diagonal and sort of hidden/alley-like streets, and lots of areas of greenbelt where you can't just navigate a grid. My stress level when in my car has dropped significantly.

Upvote 0
Layar
Google Earth

are a few that would run nicely on the Incredible.

It would be hard to find an app that would be mainly catered towards the processing power of the Dinc, mainly because most developers would rather design an app that works amonst most devices vs only the high end ones.

yeah those are good ones.
Earth is very cool,
Though as far as Layer, I live in the boonies and doesn't look like locals have added their cows names yet. :cool:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones