• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root What are all the downsides to AutoNooter'd Nooks

does anyone know if my magazine and periodical subscriptions will still be delivered if i root and use autonooter? really want to take advantage of everything this device can offer, but i actually grew to love my NC as it has become my magazine replacement. also, can i still buy books the same way? sorry for the newbie questions, just got my NC and am kind of new to this. i searched the forums but couldn't find anything specific on this. thanks!!

No, it's not a valid discussion because your point and other posts in this thread are all completely unrelated to the topic of the thread. You just come off as a troll. If this were a comparison thread it would be valid.
I'm making the point that BN and the average schmuck on the street do see the NC as a competitor with the Kindle. It's a valid discussion because that's how the average schmuck sees the competition.

I'm on rooted NC 1.1 and can confirm it restores in-store reading to rooted nook colors.

Any disadvantage to rooting is now completely abolished. You lose nothing, gain everything.

Tangentially, theres really no point in discussing the Kindle in relation to the Color. I really wonder why this A.Nonymous chap insists on hanging around just to snipe against the NC. Could be wrong but from what I gather he doesn't own one, isn't going to own one, and is basically trolling. Time for him to pipe down.

Does the 1.1r way disable the childrens books? I can't open those on my nook after I autonootered with 1.1.

Edit: nvm its working again. :)

does anyone know if my magazine and periodical subscriptions will still be delivered if i root and use autonooter? really want to take advantage of everything this device can offer, but i actually grew to love my NC as it has become my magazine replacement. also, can i still buy books the same way? sorry for the newbie questions, just got my NC and am kind of new to this. i searched the forums but couldn't find anything specific on this. thanks!!

Did you ever figure out if you could still make BN purchases the "old" way like before?

Don't forget, you can get library books on the NC. And you can return them early when you finish, so the next guy doesn't have to wait until your 14 days are up!

Back
Top Bottom