• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What are the cons about this phone?

If your phone is constantly looking for a 4G signal when in Performance mode under Settings>Power then I would agree, why bother with 4G? That was actually one of the problems with my Thunderbolt, as soon as I'd step outside of my house, 4G. But once indoors, I'd have to switch to 3G or expect shortened battery life AND no 4G.

Thanks, I knew that, but I was asking if it's possible to fool the network into thinking your phone is a 3G phone. I read that even if you switch your phone to 3G only during a 4G outage, the "4G authentification is down" causing 4G phones to lose both 4G and 3G. I was wondering if that can be changed somehow by rooting and tweaking the phone to still work on 3G when no other 4G phones work during a 4G outage, if that makes sense.

Only once in the 2 months i had this phone has the data either went to 1x or failed to switch over from 3G to 4G,i found that apps that control switching on and off radios do more harm then good,juicedefender being one of them,when losing data or it drops to 1x,i find that toggling airplane mode often resolves these issues.at least with my other phone.

Only once in the 2 months i had this phone has the data either went to 1x or failed to switch over from 3G to 4G,i found that apps that control switching on and off radios do more harm then good,juicedefender being one of them,when losing data or it drops to 1x,i find that toggling airplane mode often resolves these issues.at least with my other phone.

Glad you bought up the 1x thing.

I have to reboot my Rezound to fix it. And it does it constantly when I'm in a weak reception area. And I agree about apps like Juice Defender. I used to use Smart Actions on my RAZR faithfully....until it seemed my data connection was more reliable when I DIDNT use it. Now I only use Smart Actions when I know I wont be on my phone for a long period of time during the day.

The cons i found were: no group texting to iphones, wifi sucks -wont stay connected to some networks and wont connect to others at all, sometimes the SD card blanks out and when you are looking at your pic gallery everything disappears so you have to get out of the app and then open it again to see gallery, Camera sucks for an 8mpix for muliple reasons, the battery is terrible- you'll need to get the extended battery just to get through a day unless you don't ever use the phone (even with battery saver apps), there is not an intuitive way to see and open files on the SD card alla a windows explorer type APP ( at least not included)....I know this is an android forum but get an iphone

The cons i found were: no group texting to iphones, wifi sucks -wont stay connected to some networks and wont connect to others at all, sometimes the SD card blanks out and when you are looking at your pic gallery everything disappears so you have to get out of the app and then open it again to see gallery, Camera sucks for an 8mpix for muliple reasons, the battery is terrible- you'll need to get the extended battery just to get through a day unless you don't ever use the phone (even with battery saver apps), there is not an intuitive way to see and open files on the SD card alla a windows explorer type APP ( at least not included)....I know this is an android forum but get an iphone
Never an issues with WIFI,in most if not all WIFI issues it is a router issue not the phone,some of us enjoy the bigger screen, expandable storage,flash,4G,Google maps navigation,for free and multitasking that the Iphone cannot offer,oh and not having to run itunes.

Back
Top Bottom