• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What cases have you found to be really good or really bad?

UBRocked

VZW Nexus Please!!!
Jan 31, 2010
Ohio
With tablets, I think having a good case is pretty important because they serve various functions. Just wanted to start a tread that may help those looking far a case...or those looking for a better case :)

I like both of the cases I have and they both have their good and bad points.

This case is my first choice: Amazon.com: CaseCrown Bold Standby Case for ASUS Eee Pad Transformer Tablet: Electronics

Pros: It's well built and the fit is excellent. I picked it up for $20 and that's a pretty good value.

Cons: It's slightly bulky but not excessive. Stand pops out of place if you move.
the tablet around until it breaks in.

This case is my second choice: Newegg.com - ASUS Sleeve (Black) for Transformer TF101 Model 90-OK00BG00010-

Pros: it's extremely thin. Looks great and the stand works surprisingly well despite the thin and kinda flimsy design.

Cons: while it looks like an exact iPad1 case replica, the fit and finish aren't close and it's dissapointing. The tablet isn't held firmly in place to the extent that you may find yourself annoyed by adjusting it frequently. The material on the back is loose and it shouldn't be. At $40 it is not horribly priced, but it is not inexpensive and the quality and price don't match.

Reactions: lunatic59
Upvote 0
I just got a plain neoprene sleeve from Dell (without a zipper) for when I want to carry the tablet in my briefcase (since this would make it small and light), and for when I carry it in its own case, I got this: Tucano Finatex Extra Small Case (Coffee Brown) BFITXS-C B&H

awesome awesome bag, the second one. doesn't lose its shape, and even the color matches the TF (lucky). stays well on the shoulder too, doesn't slide off, and is quite compact for its class.
There is a separate padded pocket inside. I remove the keyboard dock from the tablet portion to avoid bleeding of the battery (happens if you leave the TF docked for a few days), and this makes it easy to store both inside separately, without scratching.

Upvote 0
I got this one from ebay for 18 euros. Surely does the job for me. Solid, protects the corners nicely and really easy to handle.

http://cgi.benl.ebay.be/ws/eBayISAP...0263030&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT#ht_857wt_975

imag0754c.jpg

imag0752.jpg

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
http://rover.ebay.co.uk/rover/1/711...tem=170659098498&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:ITHigh Quality Blk Leather Case f.Asus Transformer TF101

Sorry about big letters but copy and paste that link into ebay

Seriously guys, if your not looking for brand names or original asus sleeves and just want a good quality case grab this ebay one. I bought it (snakeybidder) and love it so much.

Its amazing quality and just like an expensive one.

O, and its only

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones