• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root What files to add from 3.5 sense rom to another for video playback?

BrianJB

Android Enthusiast
I know this will sound kinda strange but stick with me here.

I have been a flash-a-holic with all of the recent onslaught of 3.5 roms we have gotten, I haven't stuck with any particular one though for the various issues each of them have had (no 720p,mms issues,etc..)

One of the major reasons why I always end up flashing back to mikg (besides the above mentioned) is that I have directv sunday ticket to go, with all of the 3.5 roms the video playback wouldn't work, i'd either get no video/sound or I would just get sound. With Vin's (on XDA) recent 3.5 rom the video/audio playback on the sunday ticket app worked awesome, but the rom didn't like my phone.

So what I was wondering is that what are the files that control video playback/codec issues so I can pull from Vins rom and place into newtoroots rom?, I tried pulling and replacing some of the .libs from vins rom to newtoroots rom, but it wouldn't boot past the splash screen.

Any ideas of the files I should be messing with?

Thanks everyone

sorry, I don't know. I'd try anything that seems directly related to that app (sunday ticket), or look for some libs related to video. you could make a list of the files with something like this:
Code:
ls -R /system
to list all the files in the /system directory, then do it with the other rom. From there you could compare the files, or try something with matching/negative-matching.

I have used md5deep in the past for negative matching. That will show you the files that are different. From there you could look and see if any of them seem video related.

Also, you could try other directories besides /system, though system seems as good a place to start as any...

sorry, I don't know. I'd try anything that seems directly related to that app (sunday ticket), or look for some libs related to video. you could make a list of the files with something like this:
Code:
ls -R /system
to list all the files in the /system directory, then do it with the other rom. From there you could compare the files, or try something with matching/negative-matching.

I have used md5deep in the past for negative matching. That will show you the files that are different. From there you could look and see if any of them seem video related.

Also, you could try other directories besides /system, though system seems as good a place to start as any...

Remember before starting this endevor make sure you Nandroid. crossing files over to different roms can have bad affects on your phone.

My .02, I'd post this over at the mikmik as well. If anyone can figure this out, it'd be newt or aamikam. Hit em up and see if they have time to look into it.

Remember before starting this endevor make sure you Nandroid. crossing files over to different roms can have bad affects on your phone.
Yeah, if you actually do anything more than what I said a nandroid would definitely be order!

(though, I think everything I listed to do would just create a list of files - and I don't think that would mess anything up...)

Nandroids are our friends.

Well, i've tried a few things. Nothing I've done has worked, I asked over on mik's forum, my thread has around 70 views but only 1 response by Granite1 basically telling me "good luck",lol.

Guess I am on my own on this one.

Back