• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root What I notice....

skarface1988

Dec 13, 2012
I loose LTE on my unlocked at&t i717, using as t-mobile , When I root and using a custom recovery. So I just decided to go back to fully stock to 4.1 JB

Just sharing this to everyone if people wonder why they loosing their LTE.

I'm done with flashing stuff, see ya:D

You need a stock based JB ROM to get 4G LTE using this phone on TMobile. Also, make sure you are using the correct APN settings.

Padawan JB, BlackJelly, or PTMR's Stock Rooted ROM are the main ones out there right now. All great stock based JB ROMs

So your saying those rom has ucmd3 right? I still can get LTE even if I'm rooted with those rom?

Upvote 0
Those are the only ones that are JB.

Plain? You can theme or change launchers if you don't like the Touchwiz. But if you want LTE, you have no choice. The other ROMs are AOSP and you cannot get LTE on those.

Hmm damn, what if I get any 4.2 ROM with a ucmd3 t-mobile modem would it work? I'm still learning about this phone

Upvote 0
There you go! I was going to try this with another AOSP ROM and it didn't work. Maybe I should try this one!

Got any Speedtest screenshots??

I think I quote to you on XDA but yes I do!. Slow in my house though but it something =]
Try it with other Roms!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1377017324953.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1377017324953.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 102
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones