• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root what is the most used DNA Rom by our users

VoidedSaint

Resident Ninja
just curious, thinking about rooting the dna 2nd htc device ever owned so it might be a little fun haha.

but realistically i am looking for speed and multiple customizations with the fewest bugs... (but they exist i know)

the stock sms app is extremely laggy, the stock keyboard kind of the same.
the constant wifi notification is annoying.

what would you guys suggest is the best HTC DROID DNA ROM out now? and a link to the installation please.

Thank you.

just curious, thinking about rooting the dna 2nd htc device ever owned so it might be a little fun haha.

but realistically i am looking for speed and multiple customizations with the fewest bugs... (but they exist i know)

the stock sms app is extremely laggy, the stock keyboard kind of the same.
the constant wifi notification is annoying.

what would you guys suggest is the best HTC DROID DNA ROM out now? and a link to the installation please.

Thank you.

Well first of all, are you already S-OFF, unlocked or at the very least achieved SuperCID? If not and you are either on the 2.04 or 2.06 firmware then you will have to at least wait until the moonshine s-off method is released.

Assuming you are then the three most popular ROMs for the DNA are probably:

ViperDNA
Based on Sense 4+

NOS M7
Based on Sense 5

CyanogenMod 10.1
Based on AOSP

There are also Revolt and PACman ROMs which are also AOSP based

Of the three, ViperDNA is probably the most stable and feature rich, but IMO Sense 5 looks much better than Sense 4+ and CM 10.1 looks better than both, but i've always been a big fan of AOSP.

All three have been used by me at one point or another and are easily daily driver canidates.

yes i am on 2.04 so i guess i have to wait on the moonshine method...
do you have any information on the moonshine method?

yes i have heard about it, send my phone off... yeah i don't believe anyone should do that method. you never know what these people can or would do to your phone without you knowing.

I don't have a DNA,so no first hand experience,but I have used viper on one x and one s. Definately give it a shot.

I'm also a big fan of aosp,but have to admit sense 4 has grown on me. If you use the camera a lot,aosp may take some getting used to ;)

Blinkfeed is kinda neat if you frequently check social media,but the rest of sense 5 is to me a step backwards. I don't find it nearly as "pretty" as sense 4.

Anxiously awaiting the release of moonshine myself. :D

I started with Genome 2.0.

Next I ran Viper 1.1.0/1.1.2/1.1.3 and loved it (used Cubed Kernel).

I switched to BAMF 2.0 Sense 5 and had an issue with the SMS breakup and the screen coming on anytime I received a notification (nothing in settings to change this).

Switched back to Viper 1.2.0 (used Cubed Kernel, then crpalmer's Kernel).

Went to Viper 1.3.0/1.3.1 (used crpalmer's Kernel, then Beastmode Kernel).

I miss Sense 5 (mainly because I want a One so bad & hell, I honestly like it better) so today I flashed NOS M7 2.0.3 (stock kernel for now). It doesn't have an issue with the two things I disliked in BAMF 2.0 so for now, I'm content.

Back
Top Bottom