• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What is this notification?

Does anybody know what this notification is?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221213_142638.jpg
    Screenshot_20221213_142638.jpg
    2.8 KB · Views: 124
Does anybody know what this notification is?
so we get this question almost on a daily basis. the problem is that there so many apps that have notification icons. i mean we are talking about millions of apps.....so.....unless it is something popular like facebook or youtube, the chance someone here might recognize it is very small. we usually we give out guess with most of these questions going unanswered.

the easiest way to know is to look at the phone's drop down notification bar. but something tells me this is not your phone. you can just ask the person what it is....but....asking is never easy so i understand.

anyways good luck and maybe someone here might know what it is. but do not hold your breath.....lol

Can anyone identify this app icon in red

Was sent a screen shot during a conversation I was having and then ask what this icon was followed by there was no icon yet I have the photo so can I please get some clarity thank you

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230515_164448_Search By Image.jpg
    Screenshot_20230515_164448_Search By Image.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 51
  • Screenshot_20230515_164448_Search By Image.jpg
    Screenshot_20230515_164448_Search By Image.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 61
we get this question every day. the problem is that there are just too many apps out there. identifying an app just from its notification icon is like finding that infamous needle in the haystack. so unless it is something popular like youtube or facebook, you will only get guesses from. but you never know, you might get lucky and someone here might recognize it.....but i would not hold your breath for too long, you might not get a definitive answer.

the only true way to know is to ask the person the phone belongs to. or if you have access to the phone you can look in the phone's notifications or check the phone's app drawer. most of the time the notification icon is the same as the actual app icon.

You think? I kind of thought it was a corner railing/barrier with black and white arrows in the back ground and a sign post in the front because the fact it resembles the shape of route highway signs

You think? I kind of thought it was a corner railing/barrier with black and white arrows in the back ground and a sign post in the front because the fact it resembles the shape of route highway signs
Yes, that was my thought too. Indeed it reminded me a bit of one of the older Google Maps logos. So I'd be pretty confident that's a navigation app of some sort myself.

Back
Top Bottom