• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root what recovery should i use?

deathneed

So ive been using the same recovery for a while and i have a feeling it might be a little out dated. Im not sure which it is other then it says CWM-based Recovery v4.0.1.5.(its a boring black background with orange text) I want to know if i should stick with this one or if there is a new or better one out there.
and its not like this recovery isnt working, i just like to have the latest and greatest :D
p.s. using the newer OP-V

The VM670NH_recovery.img (this is what you have) will work great for CM-7, CM-9, Harmonia, and Harmonious Bumblebee.

Just be advised that the Touch Screen recovery cannot be used to flash a radio image. This will brick your phone.
The VM670NH will not brick your phone if you need to flash a radio image.

Just be advised that the Touch Screen recovery cannot be used to flash a radio image. This will brick your phone.
The VM670NH will not brick your phone if you need to flash a radio image.

^^^^^^^^This right here

It might be convenient, but it can also be inconvenient.

Convenient < Compatibility

Once you've flashed a custom flash_image and recovery it's pretty easy to change recovery's for a set task. In a terminal emulator just type in:
su
flash_image recovery /sdcard/(type in the name of the recovery exactly as it's spelled on the sd card).
Hit the enter key after each line. If you get a # after the last line of code is entered, your recovery has been changed. A lot of times you will get a stream of code after hitting the enter key,this is ok. As long as you get # after it.

Back
Top Bottom