• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root What ROM are you loving?

This might be a silly question but im a newbie compared to rooting/rom/etc. Which rom would have the best themes? Or does it all depend on what you are looking for?

Also which rom is best for battery life? I bought me an extended battery and it isnt cutting it as id thought it would. I hardly get any/make any calls, just use my phone for mainly web browsing/texting.

I heard cm6 is good but doesnt have 4g capability? I heard Fresh is pretty cool too and Froyo (Froyo is also a rom correct?)

ANd what the heck are Kernels?
Themes can be flashed on various Roms after the fact so I wouldn't base it on that.

The Kernel is what the OS runs on top of. It is where the devs unlock the FPS and other features as well as over clocking, and frequencies, and lots of other things. So different kernels offer different things and some run better then others and and also vary from one EVO to another. So what might be great on your EVO might be terrible on mine. But there are plenty of kernels to try so you are bound to find that happy medium that runs fast and offers great battery.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones