• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root what's cm7.2 MiRaGe based off? Trying to instal an app for 3.0 & up

I flashed the MiRaGe ROM and it's awesome. Just wondering which android is it based on since I'm trying to install Greenify *ROOT* but it says it's for android 3.0+ and I couldn't find what's the android ROM behind mirage.

Anyone knows a trick to get it installed? The mirage works wonderful.

Sometimes one thinks so hard about trying to find an answer that the obvious excapes ones attention.

menu/settings/about phone/android version.

Finally I got that clear. Somehow when I flashed the first custom rom I thought that meant nothing if no longer stock.

Any trick to make apps think is a newer rom? I know there's one to fake ics into being jelly bean to run 'Google's siri'. But none regarding Ginger br

Make a backup of the MiRaGe ROM.

Go to the All Things Root Guide sticky.
Try the PAC ROM which is an Optimus S Jellybean ROM.
There is a patch provided to make it work on the V.
Best Jellybean ROM for the V so far.

Note: In the Tweaks section of the same sticky there is an entropy tool.zip to get the entropy value way up. This makes the phone run way smoother, especially on the MiRaGe ROM.

Go to menu/settings/applications/development. Make sure the USB debugging box is checked. As fast as you can uncheck then re-check the box.

2. Phone off, but phone plugged into computer. Turn phone on.

Back
Top Bottom