• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Whats Wrong With my DX?! HELP?!

So i started out with a small problem with the Dialer ( That Post is located Here PLEASE READ IT) now i did a factory reset. I can get past the M logo then its just a black screen. i cant get into Bootstrap Recovery just into the factory reset menue and the Mlogo/black screen. am i bricked? what do i need to do to fix this?

So i started out with a small problem with the Dialer ( That Post is located Here PLEASE READ IT) now i did a factory reset. I can get past the M logo then its just a black screen. i cant get into Bootstrap Recovery just into the factory reset menue and the Mlogo/black screen. am i bricked? what do i need to do to fix this?

Try to go into stock recovery and wipe data/factory reset then reboot ......first try a batt pull

if that doesnt work try to sbf. google droid x sbf and you will find plenty of info on how to fix it.

So I got past the black screen but the Dialer still isnt working. im doing a restore going back to apex 1.3.x then going to install the apex 1.4.1.zip again. but does anyone know why my dialer dosnt work? even when im on 240 (stock) LCD Density it looks wrong. the buttons are cut off and it just dosnt look right.

Something must've gotten corrupted. You don't need to go back to ApeX 1.3.x, just wipe data and cache, then go into mounts and storage, and wipe System before flashing the ApeX 1.4.0 zip file.

Shit i forgot to M/S and wipe the system 0_o i gota mess with it tomorow but for now i have to choose between TAKEphONE dialer and RocketDial for replaicements. i have both. buti stil ldo want my original dialer to be fixed. thanks for the help!

Actually, the flash process does wipe the System area before the files are written, so you should still be ok. :)

Back
Top Bottom