• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

When Verizon Sends You a Replacement Phone . . .

Goodspike

Android Expert
Dec 28, 2010
Seattle
That is all they send!

My wife's phone got replaced under warranty by Verizon. I knew they wouldn't send everything, particularly a simm card. I thought they'd might possibly send a battery and I'd have to return one, but no battery. No big deal--I was planning on keeping the one I had anyway, because I know it's good.

But what surprises me is that they didn't send a back of the phone. So I had to take the back from the old phone. That seems strange.

Anyway, the only thing in the box was the phone, stripped of anything you don't need a tool to remove.

Not really complaining though--I just find it interesting. The phone appears to be in good shape and works well. And it arrived within roughly 24 hours of calling Verizon. I'm just wondering what they do with all the backs of all the reconditioned phones!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones