• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

when will i recieve the update?

lord craig

Newbie
Anybody know when orange customers will get the sense 3.0 update for the desire s phone currently i am on sense 2.1
 
What is so good about Sense 3 anyway?

I'm on Orange, non-rooted. Apart from a few late Sms, no problems at all. Software version 1.47.61.1.
 
I need this update as the SMS delay issue is getting to me. I've tried checking for updates but it keeps saying I'm upto date but I'm still on 2.3.3. My phones isnt locked to a specific network but I'm using T-Mobile and have heard that the update has been rolled out to unbranded phones first and I'm not sure if I did recieve a prompt for the update and and dismissed it by mistake. If so will i get the prompt again?
 
I have three Desire-S handsets in the fleet and none of them have received the update (all on Orange). Very annoying, especially as they still have the old style market (compared with the Galaxy S2) and can't do Google Film.
 
I just got my systems update today!! my phone is not tied to any network. I've downloaded it but havnt installed it yet.. Do I need to back up anything first before I proceed or will I be ok to proceed without the risk of loosing any contacts/sms etc?

Thanks

Rob
 
Yes, a back-up is highly recommended when installing an OTA firmware update. Although, some OTAs won't wipe your personal data, it can't be guaranteed. HTC say as much in the manual that came with the phone.
 
Can anyone recommend a free app that I can use to backup my personal data onto the SD card?

I've already backed up my text messages using 'SMS backup and restore', have exported contacts to SD card and moved apps to the SD card. I assume photos are automatically stored on the SD card. Anything else I should be aware of that needs backing up?

Thanks

Rob
 
@Spytek

MyBackup (Pro) on Android Market. The free version has a 30 day trial and will back up texts, contacts, call logs, bookmarks, calendars, system settings, screens, etc, but not app -specific user data, unless the app has been specifically designed to work with MyBackup. It will only backup the .apk files on your phone.
 
Back
Top Bottom