• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

When will my SM-P600 get the KitKat update?

Nearly September, no sign of the update in Australia. Samsung Australia have no idea when it will be released..... 😥

Well as there was no new Note tablet announced at Unpacked today at IFA, this means that the Note 10.1 2014 is still the flagship tablet along with the Tab S. So hopefully that means that Samsung will roll out KitKat for us very soon. We can but hope.

THE UPDATE IS HERE FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm in the UK with the SM-P600 and I can confirm I have an update downloading on it as we speak!!

It's currently downloading 576MB (slowly), so at that size I can't see it being much else.

Funny thing is when I checked and saw update, I thought I'd stick it on KIES instead for speed, but guess what? KIES says no update. So I've restarted the download OTA instead.

Funny though isn't it, they release it the same day IOS 8 comes out. Planned??

EDIT: Yes, confirmed it's 4.4.2, build P600XXUCNH3. Installed and running nicely.
All I can say so far is.. smooth. Silky smooth! ;)

I have got it too this morning. Installed fine. However...... the Twitter app that came with the tablet no longer works. See my separate thread on the matter.

I'm loving the smoothness of KK too, and I don't know if it's just my imagination and excitement at finally having got KK, but the screen looks even nicer than ever.

And the extreme lagginess of My Files under 4.3 is GONE GONE GONE! My Files now looks different when you open it and is lightning fast!

Most annoying for me was the horrendous delay waking the thing up, and then the constant need to swipe 2 or 3 times before it'll unlock. All sorted now. Lag in menus is gone, as is feature rich page lags such as on ebay results lists for example (full desktop site), all smooth as silk now!
Generally pleased, worth the wait. All I can say is they must have released this tablet with some far less than perfect hardware implementation for there to have been such a marked improvement under kk!

I'm loving the smoothness of KK too, and I don't know if it's just my imagination and excitement at finally having got KK, but the screen looks even nicer than ever.

And the extreme lagginess of My Files under 4.3 is GONE GONE GONE! My Files now looks different when you open it and is lightning fast!

It's not kitkat itself, but the new TouchWiz UI that comes with the software update to Kitkat. It's the version of TouchWiz used on the Galaxy S5 and is far more visually appealing, and appears to use design cues from Android L's 'material design'.

I got in in September when the new iOS came out. The new software is great. It is fast, and changes the Samsung into a real tablet!,

Hi All,

It would be great if I can get someone to asist me with this question.

I recently purchased the Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 edition (SM-p600), I work in Qatar and have realised that the tablet is on Jellybean.

Is there anyway that I'm missing out on Kitkat update. Please advice.

Another issue that I have been facin is that there is an X (red) mark near my battery at the time of charging, the battery option under setting states not charging but the tablet does charge very slowly.

I would appreciate your assistance, as I'm confused.

It could be that the official update is being blocked by your location. You could download the latest firmware from sammobile.com and install it manually.

The red x probably indicates that your charger doesn't deliver the proper charge. See if you can find a 2.0 amp charger or better.

It could be that the official update is being blocked by your location. You could download the latest firmware from sammobile.com and install it manually.

The red x probably indicates that your charger doesn't deliver the proper charge. See if you can find a 2.0 amp charger or better.
Hi,

I did not find the country under the list and post that I choose United Arab Emirates but 4.4 firmware is not available. Is it fine to get a different country's firmware such as (United Kingdom)

I hope that will not create an issue either with the tablet functions, performance and warranty.

Thanks

Hi,

I did not find the country under the list and post that I choose United Arab Emirates but 4.4 firmware is not available. Is it fine to get a different country's firmware such as (United Kingdom)

I hope that will not create an issue either with the tablet functions, performance and warranty.

Thanks

It worked, Dude you are genius.

I noticed another question but did not find the answer.

Every time I access Settings page the phone goes on to Mute and post that gotta manual raise the ring tone. Kindly help

If I was a genius, I'd have already anticipated your second question. ;)

There are a few ways to set your phone on mute, one is with the hardware button, and another is fron the pull down menu. How are you accessing the settings menu? You might be inadvertently hitting two icins in the process.

Back
Top Bottom