• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

When will Verizon prices drop?

ouch1976

Android Enthusiast
The GNex, RAZR, and Rezound are all sitting at $300 a pop on VZW.com. And the Charge and Bionic are still sitting at $200 each. How is this possible? Who is paying $200 for a Charge or Bionic? Those devices should be pretty extinct by now and I feel the prices should be $100 tops.

I understand that prices are cheaper at Amazon/Costco, but I find it pretty crazy that prices are so sticky at such a high level on Verizon.

Two years ago, I bought my original OG Droid for $100 and they gave me a free one for my wife.

When will I see that deal for the GNex?

The prices on these phones will be stay at the same level they are now until probably the end of Q1/2012. There really aren't any new phones on VZW to compete with their current line up so they have no need to lower the price.

The authorized retailers will have lower prices to get people in the door.

Three bills is way too much money to pay for a handset IMO. It's one of the reasons I won't be buying another handset from VZW any time soon. I'm happy with the service, just not the pricing of the hardware.

plus verizon is full of greedy people they'll never lower their prices, why you think they added teired data for the $$$$$$$$$$$$$

I don't understand why people are so quick to put android down for their prices, yet they never mention the iphone in the same breath. yes 300$ is obnoxious for a device, but all thats happening is verizon pricing the phone with the next closest competitor which in this case is the 32gb iphone 4s. which is 300$ as well.

Back
Top Bottom