• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root where can i get the best rom base on sense 4.0 or 4.1

"I found this for you" -siri

so here is an old post that i found that tells you how to switch... it is just a pg86img switch as i had predicted...
http://androidforums.com/cdma-evo-3...files-switching-between-1-50-1-58-hboots.html

also here is a copy of a post that tells you how to switch and it is from our dedicated guide brian706 that i located in that same thread...

"We can definitely help you here. Basically you download the one you want, rename it to just PG86IMG.zip

Put that on the root of your sd card (not in any folders)

Reboot into bootloader. When it asks you to update say yes by hitting volume up.

When it's all finished it will tell you to press power to reboot.

That's basically it.

A couple warnings. After you boot back up, first thing you should do is rename (or delete but you probably want to keep it) the file because it's presence will prevent you from getting into your recovery in an emergency.

The other warning is it suggest not using one of these files unless you are prepared with an alternate method to access your sd card. Either a card reader and adapter or a spare phone. If you get stuck in a bootloop you won't be able to do anything unless you can rename that file which you won't be able to do on your phone if it won't boot up."

i did not write or create any of this... all posts and downloads are properties??? of their posters...

Upvote 0
"I found this for you" -siri

so here is an old post that i found that tells you how to switch... it is just a pg86img switch as i had predicted...
http://androidforums.com/cdma-evo-3...files-switching-between-1-50-1-58-hboots.html

also here is a copy of a post that tells you how to switch and it is from our dedicated guide brian706 that i located in that same thread...

"We can definitely help you here. Basically you download the one you want, rename it to just PG86IMG.zip

Put that on the root of your sd card (not in any folders)

Reboot into bootloader. When it asks you to update say yes by hitting volume up.

When it's all finished it will tell you to press power to reboot.

That's basically it.

A couple warnings. After you boot back up, first thing you should do is rename (or delete but you probably want to keep it) the file because it's presence will prevent you from getting into your recovery in an emergency.

The other warning is it suggest not using one of these files unless you are prepared with an alternate method to access your sd card. Either a card reader and adapter or a spare phone. If you get stuck in a bootloop you won't be able to do anything unless you can rename that file which you won't be able to do on your phone if it won't boot up."

i did not write or create any of this... all posts and downloads are properties??? of their posters...

thank you very much

Upvote 0
tell me how things work out with the rom when you flash... it sounds real interesting and im an ex-flashaholic but its become hard to recreate my current setup on new roms each time i flash... does it have that awesome cam like on the htc one x??? is it stable enough to be a daily driver???

Alright ill tell you how the rom is right now im downloading rom its a really big file its 684.8MB and then im gonna switch my hboot to 1.58 the rom does look realliy nice i always wanna get sense 4.0/4.1

Upvote 0
Wow I Need to said this BEST FKIN SENSE ROM EVER MAN very smooth and fast and there's more of it :D I'm gonna keep it as a daily Rom until they fix the 4g and 3d the 3d its half fix and when you install the Rom from recovery give you a lot of options what to add

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1352948080270.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1352948080270.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 59
  • uploadfromtaptalk1352948143857.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1352948143857.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 96
  • uploadfromtaptalk1352948151697.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1352948151697.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 66
  • uploadfromtaptalk1352948160064.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1352948160064.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 102
  • uploadfromtaptalk1352948169764.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1352948169764.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 52
Upvote 0
Wow I Need to said this BEST FKIN SENSE ROM EVER MAN very smooth and fast and there's more of it :D I'm gonna keep it as a daily Rom until they fix the 4g and 3d the 3d its half fix and when you install the Rom from recovery give you a lot of options what to add

wow... thats a beauty... but the no 4g thing is just killing me inside... im in nyc and we actually get some speed with wimax... does our sexy camera button work with the rom??? half-press focus too???

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
ze9u3uza.jpg
seems heavily themed... like things to look stock-ish... but 4g is down here 2 :(...

There is an aroma installer, don't choose any of the launchers/lockscreen. I also like stock look. The unlock ring is themed black but that's a plus to me and I kinda like the themed clock even though I always reload my sense 4 clock from beautiful widgets anyway

(Screen shot isn't from Chubbz but same background and that's the clock I use)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones