• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Which Audio and Music player shall I buy?

Remeniz

Android Enthusiast
I'm gonna buy a music and video player today, (really pushing the boat out here :p), and wanted to know which ones you guys and girls recommend.

I'm considering buying PowerAMP but I have no idea which 'versatile' video player to buy.

:D

im happy with mixzing

I've been using MixZing Basic and MX Video Player, both unpaid versions, and they have worked brilliantly. I think i'm gonna buy PowerAMP though cause it has some great features.

Just need a decent Video Player.

EDIT: Just checking out MX Video Player PRO.... looks pretty good...

... although Mobo Player is free.

Dice Player is the best video player for the SGSII, no doubt in my mind. Hardware decoding, DTS audio support, great subtitle and multiple-audio options. I also have Moboplayer, Rockplayer, and mVideoPlayer installed, but its been a loooong time since I've looked to any of them after discovering Dice Player.

For music players I have PowerAMP, Player Pro, and Ubermusic. For features PowerAMP can't be beaten, but Player Pro is catching up. Ubermusic is much more basic in comparison, but also the best looking of all of them - more casual music listeners who don't need EQs/crossfading/gapless etc may well find Ubermusic a nice fit.

+1 for PowerAmp.

Thanks for the heads-up on Dice Player NZtechfreak. Will give that a try.

Thanks peeps. I'm going for PowerAMP and staying close to Dice Player.

Do I buy from their site or Android market?

Might be a late entry, but I hated the UI for power amp. I tried the demo, and just couldn't bring myself to like it. I searched around and found Player Pro and this was perfect for me, a nice clean UI with a good equaliser.

For music, no need to pay anything i would say! I use winamp android to transfer music wirelessly (easier wireless sync than kies air) then the stock player to listen to music.

The stock music player has some nice preset equaliser settings which give a decent listening experience! Winamp android currently has no equaliser options! Strange... sure its a function that is on its way though.

Well I'm loving PowerAMP but wish for just two things....

Sound effects, just like with the standard player, and a speed adjustment.

I'd welcome speed adjustment also (particularly if it shifted pitch to retain the original notes, that would be gold for learning guitar solos).

I'm not getting any search results in the web Market for Proamp - did you mean PowerAMP Twinn?

Do PowerAmp or any of the others remember where you are on podcasts ? if you are part way through a podcast and then want to re-start later in the day it goes to where you last left off ?

I'd welcome speed adjustment also (particularly if it shifted pitch to retain the original notes, that would be gold for learning guitar solos).

I'm not getting any search results in the web Market for Proamp - did you mean PowerAMP Twinn?

yes PowerAmp, sorry for my mistake :)

Back
Top Bottom