• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Which Case?

Yesevil

Android Enthusiast
Hi all,

I'm ordering my Z3 on Wednesday (its time to trade in the Nexus 5).

I'm just wondering what cases people are using, I'm looking for something sturdy, I may even try a Bookcase cover this time. I'm currently using a Spigen case on my Nexus 5

I like Spigen as well, unfortunately after looking on their website they don't do one (yet)

Whatever you do get a rugged one! my Sony Z3's screen was weak and smashed with a little drop my iphone would've had no problem with! They're not as robust as you'd think!

They're not as robust as you'd think!

They're not advertised as "robust" either. :)

For sturdy, look at Case-Mate. I have an original Tough for my Z which has protected it well against knocks whilst out and about. The more recent Slim and Naked versions offer similar protection with less bulk.

Tech21 cases are also proven performers, but choice is more limited.

I would advise buying the tempered glass screen cover that's available as well as an Otterbox. The two combinations make it a robust phone.

There is no Otterbox available for the Z3

That isn't true, I have one. They aren't posted on the Otterbox website or on the Verizon website. The only reason I know about them is by accident. I saw a guy buying one at the Verizon store and I asked them how they have them since I couldn't find them anywhere on the internet. The Verizon sales person said they they had just received them.
Otterbox.jpg

That isn't true, I have one. They aren't posted on the Otterbox website or on the Verizon website. The only reason I know about them is by accident. I saw a guy buying one at the Verizon store and I asked them how they have them since I couldn't find them anywhere on the internet. The Verizon sales person said they they had just received them. View attachment 78487

That is for the Z3V not the Z3, there is still none available for the Z3

I just picked up the Tech21 Tactical case it offers very rugged protection, fits nice and tight, doesn't add much bulk. The only deal breaker for some is that it doesn't have a cut out for the magnetic charging port, for me I don't mind because I don't love the magnetic charging feature.

Back