• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Which database user registration solutions for android and ios app

werner111

Lurker
I'm building my first quiz app in android studio with Kotlin. I have the .xml file ready for the registration and login page, what are the best options to store login data?
  • I want to make a commercial app.
  • Because its my first app I search for a free (or low cost) solution.
  • I have experience (course) in postgresql
  • I want to store also gamedata (for answer and question analysis)
  • I want also ios.
Is sqlite a good solution? Is this free or do I need to work/pay with/for an api? Is firebase a good solution? is the phone vertification of 0.06 high or dont I need this? Or are there better options?

Thxs.

SQLite is suitable for storing data locally on Android devices.
But I think you may have to develop back-end applications and store user registration data in the back-end database.
In this case, you can choose MS SQL Server, MySQL, or even various cloud DBs.

Thanks for your answer, I have a few questions.
I have only data analysis skills in postgresql. Is it diffecult to make a back end database for apps?
Is MySQL enough, or do I need to pay for an api or something else?
I have Python skills for data analysis, so MySQL is a good solution.

Thanks for your answer, I have a few questions.
I have only data analysis skills in postgresql. Is it diffecult to make a back end database for apps?
Is MySQL enough, or do I need to pay for an api or something else?
I have Python skills for data analysis, so MySQL is a good solution.
It is not difficult to make just a back-end database. But you need to develop your backend application which is maybe a web api in order for your apps(iOS & Android) to call.
If the size of the data you want to store in DB is medium, I think MySQL is sufficient.

Last edited:
I can use the mysql database from my website hosting. I think that's the easiest.
Thank you for your help!!
Okay. You're welcome.
Would you like to leave a five-star for my app available on Play Store if it is convenient for you? Thanks in advance. :D
Hope the quiz app you are building will be successful! :D

Back
Top Bottom