• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

which HDMI cable to buy?

From my experience, i bought a cheap non samsung MHL-HDMI adaptor from amazon and after two failed replacements i asked for a refund, bought a genuine Samsung one and it lasted about a month before it died so tbh i dont know man. Theyre all crap lol.
Id get the tv dongle if i had the cash :thumbup:
Just had a look at the first one n it looks too cheap. You wana get quality HDMI leads

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
You've buy a non-standard Samsung MHL adapter because standard MHL's don't work with the S3 anymore like they do with the S2 and all the other MHL able phones.

Your phone supports the wireless Miracast.

As funkylogik said, why don't you buy a TV device.

Something like this Netgear with Miracast features ...
Netgear PTV3000 updated, supports Miracast-ready Android devices

Harry

That is too expensive. What do you mean by standard MHL ?

Upvote 0
From my experience, i bought a cheap non samsung MHL-HDMI adaptor from amazon and after two failed replacements i asked for a refund, bought a genuine Samsung one and it lasted about a month before it died so tbh i dont know man. Theyre all crap lol.
Id get the tv dongle if i had the cash :thumbup:
Just had a look at the first one n it looks too cheap. You wana get quality HDMI leads

AS long as it won't harm my device, I don't care. Bad luck for all your devices lol

Upvote 0
That is too expensive. What do you mean by standard MHL ?

Standard MHL means an adapter with a microUSB connector for the phone's and a HDMI socket for the TV's HDMI cable.
Mirrors the phone's screen to the TV's.
Works with all phones that have MHL ability ... I'm using a Samsung MHL (for the S2) on my HTC phone.

Harry

Reactions: Pookeysgirl
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones