• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Which network to use (btw thx steslatt)

peteq

Lurker
Aug 10, 2011
Hi all - does anyone know which network should i use with S2? You tube and stuff are real slow. A member here (steslatt) said H and 3G are better than E and G and so to do this - menu>settings>wireless and network>mobile networks>network mode> WCDMA is H & 3g, GSM is E and G.

On this screen there are 3 types - Auto / GSM only and WCDMA only. On WCDMA things are fine - but why shouldnt it work on Auto mode? Will WCDMA drain battery etc?

Last thing - on Games Hub - how do you know which are free or not?
Thx all, Pete

hmm.. well yes, H and 3G are fastest.. so when u select WCDMA only, it somehow locks on to a 3G or H signal, even its weak. if u set it on auto, it'll switch to whichever signal is strongest.. so if ur GSM (G or E) signal is stronger, and u set it to auto, it'll select GSM and ur transfer will be slower.. ive set it on auto and i generally get a good 3G/H signal, but it depends on ur area etc..

i dont use the game hub, cant help u there

Upvote 0
H is biggest drain. When set to WCDMA only you phone will connect to 3g while you are not using data to save battery. When you start to use data it will connect to H when possible. G and E drain the battery less but are slower so its down to the user really and what you prefer. I only use H and 3g and my battery life is fine.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones