• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Which Rom should i go for?

Swagg422

Okay i rooted my phone weeks ago been debating whether to go with CM6, CM7, or Icarus.

Any suggestions?

And just to mention if it helps any.
1. Need it to run fast as well as good.(Less bugs the better)
2. Need to have better battery life.
3. Cant live without Camera(Video sometimes), SMS, & Wifi.

Thanks in advance for any help.

I started with icarus and really like it..no problems what so ever..Batterly life is better, but depends on how much you use your phone as well.. Ill be moving to cm6 today..
My wife has the same phone and mine with icarus is double the speed and my battery lasts longer than hers..

Okay i rooted my phone weeks ago been debating whether to go with CM6, CM7, or Icarus.

Any suggestions?

And just to mention if it helps any.
1. Need it to run fast as well as good.(Less bugs the better)
2. Need to have better battery life.
3. Cant live without Camera(Video sometimes), SMS, & Wifi.

Thanks in advance for any help.

CM6 is the one for you based on criteria.

I agree with the above post, CM6 is what you are looking for. I have been running it for a few weeks now, and I love it! You won't regret it.

for what you listed def CM6.

CM7 is great too, actually faster n smoother to me, but vid cam not working.

I suggest you try them all, one at a time, starting with Icarus 1.1, then CM6, then CM7. Keep in mind that your Ascend might have slightly different hardware than someone else might have. There are at least 4 different screens that could be on your Ascend, and some people can run CM6 at 710 MHz while others have to clock it back. Best thing I can tell you is try each one and decide for yourself. Your Ascend may work on one of the ROMS better than any others.

I suggest you try them all, one at a time, starting with Icarus 1.1, then CM6, then CM7. Keep in mind that your Ascend might have slightly different hardware than someone else might have. There are at least 4 different screens that could be on your Ascend, and some people can run CM6 at 710 MHz while others have to clock it back. Best thing I can tell you is try each one and decide for yourself. Your Ascend may work on one of the ROMS better than any others.
+1 good advice there, tho I would skip icarus lol. Its good no doubt, but its still 2.1 and lacks what cm6/7 offer.

But!!! IF you can manage to install icarus, installing cm6/7 will be a breeze.

I took your advice and started with icarus but ran into a problem. My market wont update. Wat should I do?

Cyanogen mod 6, version 04162011, is. stable for the ascend, 6.1.1, I feel is still a work in progress, everything's working on 04162011, you can't go wrong.

Its working now. Gonna mess with it for a few days.

Does CM6 have all the features of 2.2?

No. Remember this is not the official upgrade for the Ascend. 2.2 on some phones give multi-touch. The Ascend will probably never have that. I am sure that there are other things on an official 2.2 upgrade that are not available in CM6.

No. Remember this is not the official upgrade for the Ascend. 2.2 on some phones give multi-touch. The Ascend will probably never have that. I am sure that there are other things on an official 2.2 upgrade that are not available in CM6.
all the features are there, its the ascend itself that wont do em ;)

Back
Top Bottom