• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Which songs make you feel sad?

Seasons in the sun by Westlife. This song is just so bad and depressing. Although it can be fun when sung at a KTV, while completely drunk.

Any song from the 90s makes me sad that music got so over produced and shitty :(

Are you sure you're not just getting older? My 72 year old father had exactly the same opinion about music from the 60s and 70s.

Upvote 0
She's Leaving home - Beatles... The Cello sound makes it even sadder.

Yes, the Beatles were great at bringing the instruments they played into the feeling of the song.

The Long and Winding Road touches me. But Paul himself criticized the way it was orchestrated during production; he didn't like it, but went along with it. I'm glad he did.

Upvote 0
Anything that comes on the radio or TV today makes me sad that music has completely died. Everybody is copying someone else now. Everything has been done before. Nobody is original anymore. The FM radio broke in my truck about 3 years ago, and I still have not fixed it. I have been much happier without it.

This always has me screaming and crying in a corner.

Me too. He murdered that song. Here is the original.

Joy Division

Reactions: DocTorOne
Upvote 0
Wow. No mention of anything classical here. Sad day indeed. Try the Lacrymosa from Mozart's Requiem. Or Schindler's List, Main Theme. Or the opening to Verdi's Requiem. Or Bach's Chaconne in d minor for solo violin.

All of those evoke a serious feeling of sadness.

On a non-classical note, Barfly by Enter the Haggis is awesome (in a sad, depressing sort of way).

Reactions: BlueBiker
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones