• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Who else has the SD card probelm?

Have you had the SD card probelm?

• Yes and I'm using the SD card from a previous phone.

Votes: 8 12.9%
  • Yes and I'm using the SD card that came with the phone.

Votes: 29 46.8%
  • Yes and I'm using the SD card from a previous phone and the phone freezes.

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Yes and I'm using the SD card that came with the phone and the phone freezes.

Votes: 11 17.7%
  • No, I have not had this probelm.

Votes: 11 17.7%

• Total voters
My wife has a LG P500H phone and it stopped reading the sd card and said to remount a sd card.:eek: And it wouldn't let me.

fiddle far*** around with the thing on and off for a couple of days, still waiting for response from LG.

BUT, I came across something maybe others should check. The sd card is held in place by a small metal plate on my wife's phone. What I discovered was that this plate has to be locked down to make the phone read the card.

To lock down the metal plate I pushed it against the sd card and slid the plate down gently. It locked into place and the phone read the card almost instantly.

Don't know if this will help anyone else but that is all it took for the card to be read.

Terros

Reactions: AndyOpie150
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones