• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Who else likes their battery...hahaha

Idgaf anymore.. no vids, mostly web, tapa talk, camera,... not gonna buy this POS again, IDC how big you screen is, and those bending screens are gonna be worse than this louzy N4, and no im not rooting,...should just sell it to get a bold 9900 but then it'll blow up in my face and I'll look like one eye willy

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1358173923308.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1358173923308.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 81
Upvote 0
Yeah I've found that a bad network signal is the biggest drain on the battery (aside from processor intensive apps). If you're not using the phone much in a bad signal area you should at least turn off auto sync. It would be even better if you turn off mobile data. I easily get through a work day (usually 6-10 hours) with 50-60% left on my battery. I'll even leave work with the battery at 70% on a few occasions.

There was one time when I had a case of extreme drainage though. I took my phone off the charger one day at 100%. I left the house about 1-2 hours later and the phone was down to 60%. I'm not really sure what happened because I hadn't done anything with my phone before leaving the house, but luckily I was able to make it though the work day.

Upvote 0
Everybody seems to be giving the same advice: turn off the features you're not using.

I know some people complain that turning off features when they're not being used means the phone's not being used as a smartphone but frankly, that's like saying you're not using your car as a car because you don't have the lights on and the horn sounding all the time.

Upvote 0
Would a SIM card cause battery drain? I had to cut my SIM card because micro wasnt released .. should I just get a "real" micro Sim from tmobile? Does it cost anything to switch to the new card?

IE: I bought full size Sim card from TMO, cut it, stuck in nexus 4, works, but think it's draining battery, so get a actual MICRO SIM from TMO and hopefully no more drainage..

Upvote 0
Has anyone got any good suggestions about how to save battery life?

I've got Juice Defender on at the moment which worked ok on my old Galaxy S2, but it doesnt really seem to be doing much on my Nexus 4.

Are there any settings I can turn down/off or any better apps I can install?

I've already turned push/sync frequencies down on my emails, weather, news updates etc etc

Upvote 0
The things that are typically heaviest on the juice (other than playing games etc) are:

- screen
- poor reception
- radios (WiFi, Bluetooth)
- GPS
- sync

You can't do too much about reception - apart from turn off 3G if you don't have 3G reception but do have 2G - but the others are controllable from the Power Widget.

I keep WiFi, GPS and Bluetooth turned off except for when I'm actually using them.

Sync I always keep turned off as it doesn't affect the only thing I care about which is my e-mail.

Screen brightness I leave on automatic, but if you have the screen on a lot, you might want to set the brightness as low as you can take it.

I easily get a full day out of my battery during the week (when I'm using the phone most) and have had over 30 hours over the w/end.

Upvote 0
Thanks guys

I have wifi, GPS and bluetooth turned off all the time apart from when I need to use them. My brightness is set down to about 30% ish all the time as well.

Didnt know if there was anything obvious in settings that I could turn off or adjust that drains battery, or any better apps than Juicedefender

Try getting rid of juice defender and don't use any task killers as they are uneseccary.

Upvote 0
Yeah it's really nice. I had a 1900 Anker battery for my S2 which done me well and this N4 battery is even better. I got around 14hrs yesterday and some light-medium BT streaming, WiFi connected sessions, 3G net surfing etc.

If I could disable 2 cores I could probably get longer, though it never really uses all 4.

Also I use Easy Profiles which automates everything so it can greatly help with performance..... Don't bother with task killers and battery savers, they are just a gimmick

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones